It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Anoints Himself as the Insurer of Constitutional Government in Emergency

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
gottago thanks for quoting me but what you say from reading it I cannot discern whether you are saying I'm from the Neanderthal clan or not lol

[edit on 22/5/07 by Wolfie_UK]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This link is to another thread going on:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As I said on it... bush minor has no respect for the law, congress or the American people. When are people going to wake up and realize that this man is dangerous?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
hey let's go to the moon yeah?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Personally I think we should sue Texas for damages and evict it from the union for pawning this dangerous idiot off on the rest of the country.

In all seriousness am I the only one who remembers that back in 2004 the Republican controlled congress was drafting plans to cancel elections, then when called on it, backed down and claimed that they were just contingency plans in case of an emergency (such as losing
) and that everybody was over reacting?

[edit on 22-5-2007 by grover]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I find it very interesting that a Rothschild wrote this article. Sometimes I feel that we are just in for a huge show of "good cop, bad cop". I don't think that those in power are really so stupid as to not realize how hugely unpopular their actions may be. A lot of times it seems that politicians are like the firefighters who start a blaze so that they can be lauded as heroes when they extinguish it. Is it possible that Bush is deliberately playing the role of a "villain" so someone else will look like a hero?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I guess I'm missing something here.

Just got back from reading a copy of this document, and I don't see the part where existing government gets tossed on the scrap-heap in the event of an emergency. What I do see is an attempt to avoid the kind of catastrophic screw-ups that we saw following hurricane Katrina, where we had every alphabet-soup agency from the Feds down to the local VFW running around with no idea who was doing what, who was supposed to do what, or even what radio frequencies were being used to do whatever. I"m not a huge fan of President Bush, but he seems to be in a no-win situation here. If something really nasty happens (Hurricane Katrina being a good example), then he catches Gehenna because 'THE GUB'MUNT DIDN'T HAVE NO PLANS FOR DIS!!!"....so, acting in his role as Chief Executive, he puts out, not a plan, but a directive to formulate a plan...and now it's "DA EEEBUL BU#LER IS GOWIN TA TAKE OBER DA GUBMUNT!!!" So....no plan = incompetent, plan = conspiracy to supplant the Constitution.

If it's any 'consolation' at all, in the event of a massive disaster, the President *already* has tools at hand to set aside the normal operations of government. It's called "Martial Law". Even without a disruptive event, Executive Orders can already be used to set aside certain exemptions / exceptions to existing law, custom, and precedent. This directive to formulate a plan isn't what you should be worried about...in fact, it almost looks like a lightning rod to draw attention away from the existing tools already at the disposal of the Executive.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
bush minor isn't that smart or crafty. Arrogance is by its nature blind to reality. Personally I really think he doesn't give a damn, he is in it for himself. He may have been a puppet but he's become a monster.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think we should fear what's to come in later years. We should look at who's running for Vice President during this current term and possible the next term. If Arnold comes into vice presidential play during the next election, I think it's guarenteed something will happen to that current president and possibly the entire congress. Regardless I think every Vice President should be closely examined for close ties with this administration. After all, it took only a few bullets and a couple Patsy's for Johnson to come into power.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Arnold can't run... it is written into the constitution and it can take years, sometimes decades to change that.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Someone asked above what makes anyone think Bush could secure the country (US) without the full weight of the military behind him.

My first thought was... What if most of them are deployed overseas? He is sending more and more troops to Iraq.

Would this hurt or help him if he's trying to pull something else over on us?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
gottago thanks for quoting me but what you say from reading it I cannot discern whether you are saying I'm from the Neanderthal clan or not lol

Wolfie,

Not to worry, you weren't at all intended for that remark, which was aimed at the worst of the US's current policing abuses. Surely they'll get worse.

But hey--at least we don't have gov't spycams on every lamp-post--at least not yet. We just bash in heads.

Give a wave to MI-5 on your way to work tomorow!

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This fearmongering is amusing!

Progressive.org as a source....real nice!

Some think we have been under the War and Emergency Powers Act continuously since 1933 under Franklin Roosevelt.

www.sourcewatch.org...

However, since the War and Emergency Powers Act of 1933, every president has usurped lawmaking powers. Their 'laws' are called Executive Orders (EOs). These EOs, not our Constitution, are what is governing America today. The War and Emergency Powers Act enables ... the president to declare a national emergency, and thereby become a dictator."

Every President since Roosevelt, yet Bush is going to abuse this? Yes I thought the same thing about Clinton. But if Clinton couldn't pull it off, do you think Bush can? I know how many of you think Bush is sooo smart!

There are too many young people that think history began when they were born. And too many that think history began with the Bush Presidency.

Wake up! The world was here long before you were, and it does not revolve around you.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Can some one please post the info on the progressive.org site as to what it says cause i try to get that site but it always says site not available....

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

Originally posted by grover
After all for any coup to work he would need the backing of the military..

He already has that Blackwater mercenary army under contract. (20,000+ members)

Blackwater doesnt have tanks, ships and planes. They have some light armored vehicles and thats it. They are organized in small units like special forces. Thats not much of a military.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
www.truthout.org
www.whitehouse.gov

both have the info you want.

RR didn't you notice the white house link?

Just because it is a liberal source it has to be propaganda huh? I guess mush loosebowels and ann coulter are above reproach huh?

Wake up! The world was here long before Republicans, and it does not revolve around conservatives.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by grover]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
A question from the UK.

Do you think all your home grown boys and girls in the military would support such a action ????

There own families under martial law, there first thought would be for there own families and to be with them to help look after/protect and sod any orders given by their CO's.

Just a thought.

I think there would be a coup by the military if they felt we were sliding into dictatorship. Many generals have resigned in protest and spoke out against the administration after retiring which to me seems unprecedented.

[edit on 22/5/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Arnold can't run... it is written into the constitution and it can take years, sometimes decades to change that.

he cant run true, but if he was made someone's vice preident it may push congress into passing legislation for him to become president in the line sucession.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Blackwater doesnt have tanks, ships and planes. They have some light armored vehicles and thats it. They are organized in small units like special forces. Thats not much of a military.

Ok...What ever you say..

www.blackwaterusa.com...

www.blackwaterbook.com...

But before you start brushing this away perhaps you should check out these two sites, then watch the video's. Part of what you say is true they don't have ships and planes. Just say this is a shadow army and supposily by the constitution does that give the president right to form his own private army? Even members of congress can't find out anything on this group because it a secret.

Here's another link of the story.
www.afterdowningstreet.org.../22710

I found another video on Blackwater based on this they now have perhaps over 500,000,000 million dollars in contracts. They have a private 6,000 acre base in eastern NC.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5/22/2007 by Leyla]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Ok...What ever you say..

www.blackwaterusa.com...

www.blackwaterbook.com...

But before you start brushing this away perhaps you should check out these two sites, then watch the video's. Part of what you say is true they don't have ships and planes. Just say this is a shadow army and supposily by the constitution does that give the president right to form his own private army? Even members of congress can't find out anything on this group because it a secret.

Here's another link of the story.
www.afterdowningstreet.org.../22710

I found another video on Blackwater based on this they now have perhaps over 500,000,000 million dollars in contracts. They have a private 6,000 acre base in eastern NC.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5/22/2007 by Leyla]

I researched them quite abit since I have been considering seeking employment with them. I have some Blackwater video footage from Iraq.
I need to add that they have AH-6 Littlebirds, small helicopters normally used by Special Forces.

They are not a private "army" they have the same capabilities of light infantry with light armored vehicles and some helicopters. Thats it no tanks, no IFVs, no Artillery, no mortars, no gunships, no bombers, no fighters, no anti tank weapons, and nothing heavier than M2 Browning machine guns and MK-19 automatic grenade launchers.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I could be mistaken but aren't there contingent plans for such emergencies already laid out? I am not sure about the constitution but I know such plans were laid out during the cold war. I am curious, why bush minor feels the need to make such a statement now? I am no conspiracy theorist but it makes me wonder if he plans to leave office.After all "national emergencies" are usually a stepping stone to dictatorship... after all that is what Hitler did.

progressive.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

Not only on top of that we have the director of the FBI making statements about al Qaeida really trying hard to get nukes and that he feels a strike on a U.S. city is very possible. Kind of interesting timing. In many cases they tell you exactly what they are going to do before they do it. This way they can look back and simply say "see, we said it was possible".

Very interesting directive. Yes, there are existing plans in place but this one kind of overrides them all giving him ultimate power to do whatever he wants up to and including remaining in office beyond his term.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join