It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Anoints Himself as the Insurer of Constitutional Government in Emergency

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

progressive.org

By Matthew Rothschild May 18, 2007

In a new National Security Presidential Directive, Bush lays out his plans for dealing with a "catastrophic emergency."

With scarcely a mention in the mainstream media, President Bush has ordered up a plan for responding to a catastrophic attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.whitehouse.gov
www.truthout.org

[edit on 22-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I could be mistaken but aren't there contingent plans for such emergencies already laid out? I am not sure about the constitution but I know such plans were laid out during the cold war. I am curious, why bush minor feels the need to make such a statement now? I am no conspiracy theorist but it makes me wonder if he plans to leave office.After all "national emergencies" are usually a stepping stone to dictatorship... after all that is what Hitler did.

progressive.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Flag this! This is something not to be glanced over and ignored. What is Bush up to this time..

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I agree this stinks to holy hell. There are already contingent plans in place in case of emergencies, this is totally unnecessary and, if it isn't, certainly looks like a grab for total power. I have said it once and I will say it again, bush minor is going to provoke a constitutional crisis before his tenure is out and probably before the year is out.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
here come Martial Law and The New Führer GW Bush !!

The Bushes are so evil its hard to imagine !! He has planned this since day 1 !!

Beware !!

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't know if he's going to do anything with it... its certainly unconstitutional... but why give himself (and presumably his successors) these powers and not use them. Personally I am less scared of bush minor than I am Dick Cheney.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Grover, I agree, Dastardly Dick, who's getting rich off of Halliburton stocks would shotgun the Shrub in a minute, if the thought crossed his mind. And this would be the perfect time, between now and the election.

I would be worried to be in, or live near a major city or military base, in the last month before the election. That would be the time frame for some fake event to happen. It would be enough to declare martial law, and the elections would have to be postponed-for safety, naturally.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ahhh, and so it begins. Betcha there'll be a 'catastrophe', oh say, right before '08 elections. Betcha He won't step down. He's testing Our reaction. How kind of Him to ease Us into a dictatorship. He's a total fruit-loop. He's losing control, therefore tightening His grip like the lunatic he is. I'm curious, what do non-conspiracy theorists think of this move? I take all of the info. that has transpired since 9/11(9/11 itself, Homeland Security, Patriot Act, etc..) and only come up with 1 conclusion- Martial Law and the total dictatorship of America. There are a gazillion (
) of us who see this coming. We can't all be crazy. What say you, non-believers?

Peace. K*

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The sad reality is that there are those, on here (some names immediately come to mind) and in the media who would support and defend bush minor no matter what he says or does. He could shut down congress and suspend all laws or order hits on various members of the media or round up his critics and lock them away in Gitmo and these people would heartedly cheer him on, all the while claiming that they and they alone were the only true patriots and Americans and that anyone who objected were aiding the enemy.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
Here come Martial Law and The New Führer GW Bush !!

The Bushes are so evil its hard to imagine !! He has planned this since day 1!!

Beware !!

No doubt but to some people he's a angel. I mean gee come on what do they expect us to do after this stunt. Smack him on the hand and tell him no?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
There's enough to impeach Bush right now. And he needs it. Then he needs a few years in jail, to show the world that crooks of any level will be punished.

I would like to see him and Dick 'Bam Bam' Cheney share a cell.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
so it begins ...

nuclear strike anyone? oh, how about a squirrelle that's infected with the bubonic plauge gets into congress and bites them all. thank goodness for that contigency plan.

no one wants to listen until it's too late. we're one step away from this man turning emperor. and if "they" orchestrate the plan well enough, the entire country will be behind him becuase surely Iran must be behind any sort of catasrophic event, right?

Convienient that we first go into Afgahnistan, then Iraq, then look who's in the middle: Iran. The one who holds power in those three countries rules the middle east.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't know... with it officially posed on the White House website its only a matter of time before congress takes notice, if it hasn't already. We have been through a period of presidential ascendancy and at the beginning of another round of congressional ascendancy. He may very well try something but with congressional Republicans running scared from him, if he does try something he will probably overplay his hand and it will blow up in his face. After all for any coup to work he would need the backing of the military, and just who is getting throughly screwed without any lubricant by his policies?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hmmm,
I've already clicked onto this link and read the entire article and ALL of the comments. Then, when I clicked back onto it again, I'm now being told that the site cannot be found. Is this another case of information just 'disappearing'? I've seen that happening more and more, and that should worry everyone who cares about what happens to this country. Or could it be that so many were trying to read it that the site became jammed? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

So, back on topic...
This from a monster who stated that the Constitutin was just a G** da** piece of paper????

How does anyone believe that he will 'protect' the very thing he has worked so hard to destroy?

And then we have the part about emergencies...
Oh yes, we saw how well he handled them, depending on who you were and how wealthy you were.

He ALLOWED an entire American city to drown for crying out loud! He knew it was coming, and knew it at least five days before Katrina made landfall. The wealthy had no problem getting out in time, but the poor, which he has NO USE FOR were left to fend for themselves! Five days notice was plenty of time to evacuate those poor souls, but he was too busy playing air guitar while Kindasleeza was buying shoes.

And don't EVEN get me started on 9/11, which was nothing short of treason by the so-called government.

If the monsters are allowed to get away with this power grab it will mean that the America we once knew is DEAD! We will be living in a full fledged dictatorship. The time is close when you will have no choice but to defend what you hold near and dear,...or roll over and become a door mat. Your choice.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
After all for any coup to work he would need the backing of the military..

He already has that Blackwater mercenary army under contract. (20,000+ members)

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
That's interesting.... The Progressive link in indeed disabled (or missing) but the article, quoted in full by truthout.org is still there as is the whitehouse.gov posting of the directive. Either the Progressive article has been hacked and removed or it is being overwhelmed with hits. Since the other two are still working, I am thinking that is it.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hmm, and now we wait I suppose.

Let us all hope that 2008 does not hold a horrible 'attack on our country'...from within our country.

Well, if something does 'go down' all to convienently, at least we are in the know about this little directive and can attempt to react appropriatly and not to give away more freedoms due to fear.

Ugh, lets hope its just an innocent little thing...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I just typed in www.progressive.org the home page says that the site is currently undergoing maintenance.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

Originally posted by grover
After all for any coup to work he would need the backing of the military..

He already has that Blackwater mercenary army under contract. (20,000+ members)

20,000 really wouldn't do squat actually except maybe secure D.C.... hell we can't even secure Baghdad with that many what makes anyone think he could secure this country without the full weight of the military behind him?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It says

"Site under maintenance. Please visit us again in a few hours. Thank you."

www.progressive.org...

Well gee Grover you waste no time huh? lol

[edit on 5/22/2007 by Leyla]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join