It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish Building Collapse vs. WTC 7

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
An eight story apartment building collapsed in Turkey mostly due to it being poorly constructed. Now take a look at the picture of this building collapse which was a natural collapse, now I know there was no fires, but it gives a decent look at what a building looks like when it collapses naturally. Now compare it to what the collapse, and what was left of WTC 7. Granted it is 8 stories vs, 47 but realize that I'm pretty confident the construction of WTC 7 was much much better due to building codes, and not to mention it was steel building reinforced in concrete. Just something to think about, if anyone else come across any other pictures of this collapse please post them.

LINK TO PICTURE

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You're comparing apples and oranges.

No damange from debris on the Turkish Bldg
No fires, as you say.
different construction and SIZE

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yeah much differnt construction, This building wasn't built with massive steel columns and reinforced concrete. Yet, you can almost get a good idea of what the building might have looked like before the collapse because there is so much of it left. Also notice how it fell at an angle? How did WTC 7 fall at free fall speeds perfectly symmetical at all four corners right into it's own footprint??

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
here is a building falling naturally .

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
While there is some pulverized concrete, notice how the large slabs of concrete still intact. Most of it did not crush at all.

*Edit*
Good video chris. Im sure it will be pointed out that it's not a pancake collapse, but since they don't exist, it would be hard to find a video of such.

[edit on 16-5-2007 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinadetta
An eight story apartment building collapsed in Turkey mostly due to it being poorly constructed.

Yes the buildings were poorly constructed as most are in Turkey. The truth is the building fell when they tried to bring down the building next to it. (i wonder if it was with explosives)You in no way can compare a little apartment building to a skyscraper that has been showered with tons of debris and had fires buring for hours. Please..this is SO far off.

Originally posted by Sublime620Im sure it will be pointed out that it's not a pancake collapse, but since they don't exist, it would be hard to find a video of such.

Sublime, first of all...what are you talking about? The pancake collapse was not what NIST called the collapses. They called them "Global Collapses" Also, pancake collapses don't exist?? Pancake collapses are often found after an Earthquake.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
i dont really know why you are referring to wtc 7 as a collapse- the owner was on tv saying himself that they decided to PULL IT. the implications being
1. when did they rig it before pulling it? takes a long time
2. referred to by commentators as similar collapse to wtc 1 and 2 so if 7 was rigged to be pulled...... ill let you draw your own conclusions

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jammybunn
i dont really know why you are referring to wtc 7 as a collapse- the owner was on tv saying himself that they decided to PULL IT. the implications being
1. when did they rig it before pulling it? takes a long time
2. referred to by commentators as similar collapse to wtc 1 and 2 so if 7 was rigged to be pulled...... ill let you draw your own conclusions

Hi Jammy, and welcome to ATS. The "PULL IT" quote by Larry Silverstein has been posted here...over & over & over. Most CT'ers have dismissed this as it is clearly obvious the owner of WTC7 did not assist in the destruction of his building.

Again, welcome to ATS !

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry Cameron, Pancake collapses don't exist in steel skyscrapers. My apologies. I should have been more specific incase someone wanted to take my words out of context.

Other than that, care to explain this global collapse and how it's possible? NIST sure didn't, why don't you take a shot.

*Edited to add*
There sure seems to be a lot of concrete left in your pancake collapse. For some reason the top of that building didn't explode into dust like buildings 1 & 2.

Weird...

[edit on 20-5-2007 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
Pancake collapses are often found after an Earthquake.

In concrete structures only, and I can link you to a structural engineer of 30+ years experience that says (in much more detail) the exact same thing.

Show me the stack of pancaked floors from either of the Twin Towers. Show me even the bottom-most pancaked floors.

Even NIST states it does not endorse this theory. Upwards of 80% of the masses of the towers would not have found its way all over the complex outside of the footprints if it were an accurate theory.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
You're comparing apples and oranges.

No damange from debris on the Turkish Bldg
No fires, as you say.
different construction and SIZE

Actually he/she is comparing one building collapse to another building collapse.

It is so painfully obvious that WTC 1 , 2, and 7 are controled demolitions.

new topics

top topics

join