It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was it really a tornado that hit Kansas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Barack Obama let it slip that 10,000 people had been killed, and a photo from there looks more like damage from a nuclear detonation like Hiroshima.

media.kansas.com...

[edit on 9-5-2007 by firepilot]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Is that Kansas? You have to set some context for the readers. I am not a psychic.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yes that is Kansas. It says so even in the link. Anywho, That was one heck of a tornado an F5. I really cannot see there being a nuclear bomb or any bomb doing this, especially letting people back in to there rubble homes"radiadion hazards" just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
firepilot, It is 99.9% sure to have been a tornado. I live about a two hour drive from there. "It was a dark and stormy night..." and the weather radar was compelling. Not only for their area, but even some threats nearer me. Everyone in this part of the nation, Tornado Alley, keeps one eye out for such things at all times.

If you've never seen a tornado's aftermath, it is reasonable to compare it to a small nuke. Mother Nature isn't gentle. This was an F5, which means winds in excess of about 200mph. Such winds, in a twisting pattern, are devastating. Around here there's no question that it was a tornado.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It was a tornado, F5, just go ask some of the survivors who experienced it.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Just check the doppler radar

So far as I can tell it looked and behaved exactly like a tornado, and caused exactly the damage a tornado would cause. Given the number of stormchasers monitoring the storm system I think it'd have been noticed if no tornado had formed.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
But doesnt the government own the radar imagery and cant they just put up what they want you to see?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
firepilot, the answer is yes, BUT. Most of it is 'owned' by various gov agencies, but a lot is also used in real time mode by weather watchers. Out here, we have a pretty extensive storm watching "grid" of interlocking people and electronics. Not to mention, the actual storm was videotaped when it struck. It was a mile wide at the base, and very powerful.

I am as paranoid as the next person, but this is just another spring storm like we get all the time. To plant and explode a bomb while a twister is on your a** is more far out than thinking you could call in the tornado to cover your tracks of doing it. And if you think some gov plane could fly into this beast and drop a bomb, well, come out here and see one of these things and you'll understand.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So Obama can slip up while speaking just like W. does all the time. I guess that makes him human. Losing ten thousand in a town with a population of maybe 1500 would have been a feat in itself. Considering that 95% of the town was utterly destroyed late at night while many were sleeping it is a blessing that the death toll was only 10.

top topics

join