It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Irwin- Crocodile Man and his baby-

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Fairly certain that steve would be a better judge of whats safe and not safe around crocs than any of these whining types.

You should see what he lets his daughter do..

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Jesus!!! The guy knows what he's doing, he's been doing it his whole life. There is no way he would've done it if his child was in any kind of harm, and I'm sure he's a better judge of that than you whiners. What the hell is this? Do you think you're all Park Rangers now?

Anyway, I'm a firm believer that we should breed a little recklessness into our children from an early age, otherwise they grow up being scared of everything. You've got to teach them that nothing is as scary as it appears to be.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I live in australia near where this happened. I've always thought that Steve is insane, and watching him on the news last night confirmed that for me.

It doesn't matter what people do with their own lives but if they place a child in danger then they have crossed the line

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by Aztec]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
*sighs* you realise many people grow up near all kinda of dangerous animals and rarely are even bothered by them even when in close contact everyday.

people need to relax and grow some balls, being safe 24/7 is stupid and teaches people to have irrational fears and become distant with nature.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Oh come on...Steve Irwin isn't another michael jackson, hes the Crocodile Hunter, crikey!

Mr. Irwin is a TRAINED proffessional who DOES know what he is doing, he has been toying around with poisonous/deadly/big/scary/monstrous animals for years now. He has yet to be seriously injured. He knows what he is doing with his kid, nothing wrong with that, as long as he knows what he is doing - and he does.

-wD

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aztec
[/url]
I live in australia near where this happened. I've always thought that Steve is insane, and watching him on the news last night confirmed that for me.

It doesn't matter what people do with their own lives but if they place a child in danger then they have crossed the line

Aztec I know that this is a touchy subject but I think you should have a warning for the link in this post

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by pantha]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Link Removed Pantha, thanks, I wasn't thinking

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
what the # is with all you people he knew what he was doing just leave him be if i was in his posistion i would have done the same thing he did except i would not apoligize afterwards to the audience on the news

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well, nobody has ever accused Steve of being "sane"....

Professional or not, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts, that Steve got an earful from the wife on that one......and had to be like
the rest of the evening, or he'd be
from the bedroom, hehe....

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I would venture to say that although it appears that the baby is right up on the croc the effect of a zoom lens brings foreground and background closer... I notice he takes a couple steps back after feeding the croc - the baby was probably 6-7 feet away horizontally and about 5 - 6 ft up at Steve's shoulder and head level.

Once again with the baby dancing on the ground the croc is blurred in the foreground and he is in focus in the background... so he is probably even further away than in the first scene.

I swear people get all bent out of shape over the most trivial things - I wouldn't do it but then again I have no experience with these creatures (children) or crocs for that matter...

Sure, Steve shoulda been holding Michael Jackson by the nap of the neck that close to the croc but face it - he's been doing this for years - he knows what he's doing~

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a baby 7 feet away from a croc, is 7 feet too close!!!

Not a whole lotta difference between a baby and a chicken to a croc....

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Leave the guy alone!! I can't believe how many people consider themselves to be Professionals on the way "The Crocodile Hunter" raises his children. He lives in a Wildlife Zoo for crying out loud!!! I mean think about it people, this guy and his kids live life in ways 99.999% of the world population can not possibly comprehend. This whole argument and all the fuss that's been made over this, simply comes down to Steve Irwin being considered a "Bad or Dangerous Parent". WHAT A F**CKING INSULT FOR OTHERS TO JUDGE HIM FROM THIS ONE EVENT!!

Did you ever stop to think that in Steve's average daily life he does things similar to what he did on TV to the point that it's totally second nature. Every day all over the world people allow their kids to travel the streets on bikes, boards, etc. on the way to school or play without thinking twice. They can get shot, stabbed, run over, robbed, beat up, drugged up, kidnapped, or any number of situations equal or worse than what Steve's baby in. Do you honestly think that Steve didn't have complete control and awareness of what was going on?? Of course he did, he does this sh!t Daily, hell, probably hourly and his wife and kids join him for most of it.

I know what you're thinking, "Well, accidents or something could of happened...." Yeah, and a plane could have fell from the sky, or the baby could choked to death on penny or smothered to death in his sleep with a teddy bear too!! The highly improbable "what if's" just don't cut it folks, not in this case and it's BS that people are attacking him in this way. I mean his wife handed him the baby even, do you think she had any doubt of his safety at all. Steve would have shoved his own leg in the croc's mouth and let it eat him to save his son if he had to.

I'll stop ranting now, but for christ sake here, think about things before you butt in and create havok in other peoples lives.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have respect for Steve in dealing with wildlife, he is good- however, I think this was an improper introduction of his newborn to the world and his viewers. Heck, he picks up snakes more carefully than he did his own newborn...
And no one has mentioned the obvious sense of relief expressed on his wife's face when he handed the child back to her-

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
man, no one said anything before. He did things like this with his daughter when she was a baby. Why start # now? He is very careful in what he does, and I doubt he would do anything to deliberitly hurt his son. Christ! people need to get a life.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Now that is a thought. If Steve had been holding Micheal Jackson instead of his son, how many of you would have been rooting for Steve to drop him in the crock's mouth?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join