It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds and the Bees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sorry every one but this does have "2012" in it, im sure most of us are sick of it.

Einstein said when the bees are gone man kind has 4 years left, well thats basicly what he said. that would tie in nicly with 2012.

Any one got any views on this ?

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I guess we will see in 4 years if the bee's are still around and if we are all still here.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I hate bee's. Bees think they're so cool. Flyin' around, buzzin', eatin' honey, and stingin' people and stuff. The ones in my backyard are always dive bombin' me and stuff.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
I hate bee's. Bees think they're so cool. Flyin' around, buzzin', eatin' honey, and stingin' people and stuff. The ones in my backyard are always dive bombin' me and stuff.

Man, that is probably the funniest answer I ever saw on ATS, so I'm giving you WATS!

You have voted lombozo for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Now if we lose all the bees, how are we going to make babies?
What ever it is that the birds and the bees do will be missed

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I bow to you yet again lombozo!

Anyhoo, Einstein didn't predict when bees were going to die out, he simply said that it would be four years between them disappearing and us leaving. Even if bees did die out, it's wont be the end of the world, there are other critters who will still go around pollinating.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
but wouldnt there be a mass shortage of nesserecry foods ?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion
but wouldnt there be a mass shortage of nesserecry foods ?

Nope, the West has stockpiles of food that would blow your mind. Poorer nations would suffer worst.

You have to remember that there are loads of other sources of food, such as the sea. For example, a whale could feed a group of maybe twenty or thirty for a week or more if it was rationed properly. Not great, but we wouldn't starve.

There are loads of other insects out there to pollinate remember, they would struggle to keep up with the bees workload, but are more than capable.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Bees think that just because they can make those fancy honeycombs with the perfect edges and stuff that they're so much better than everybody else. And don't get me started on the Queen Bee. She just lays around all day, probably with little bee slippers on and stuff, eatin' Bee bon-bons while all the other bees tend to her every need. That Queen Bee reminds me of my mother in law. Yep, bees suck.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Sounds like to me some of you are trying to make light of a serious situation. Oh well, you will find out soon enough.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
every one is oging t find out when nothing gets polibated, or not enough gets polinated and food goes short.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Vixion, exactly. Although, there are other pollinators other than bees. I suppose that people are getting all defensive about this because their prized cell phones have been labeled as a possible cause for this disappearance. I don't have a cell phone and don't want one. I think they should have been banned a couple of years ago when it was discovered that they are a hazard to people's attention span on the highway.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I can not understand what is the whole issue with the bees . . . just come to my home here in GA and you going to find all kind of birds, bees and yellow jackets all over my garden.

BTW I love them.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I suppose that people are getting all defensive about this because their prized cell phones have been labeled as a possible cause for this disappearance. I don't have a cell phone and don't want one. I think they should have been banned a couple of years ago when it was discovered that they are a hazard to people's attention span on the highway.

What! You mean that Bees can interfere with my cell phone? Now I really don't like those stinkin' Bees!
You have it all wrong! There's nothing like driving about 80 miles an hour, and dialin' that cell phone at the same time. So relaxing. Only thing that makes it even better is if I have a nice hot and steamin' cup of coffee balancin' on my leg while I steer with one hand, and dial that cell phone with the other hand. And if I have a cigarette goin' at the same time - Man! That is livin'!
I bet those bees are behind all my dropped calls. I bet those bees are laughin' at us and stuff.

(lombozo note: Yes I'm making light of this, but in all seriousness this really could be catastrophic. Farmers rent hives to pollenate their fields. Without bees, entire fields may perhaps be barren. SoT, is your cell phone comment accurate? Is there a suspicion that there's a link between cell phones and the Bees demise?)

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What! You mean that Bees can interfere with my cell phone?

No, I mean that cell phones may be interfereing with bees.

Okay,I have read your entire post. Yes, it's been said that it's possible that the radiation that cell phones emit might be a cause for the bees' demise, Lombozo.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Regarding the much touted Einstein quote (by the media and seen to go almost viral):

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=279136
Einstein Quote or Hoax/Rumor?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well, I just spent this weekend exploring some of the mountains in Wyoming, lots of bees and other criters. When it is around 3-4 it start getting cold but even then you get bombarded by bees, wasps and other areal critters.

Not sure where this problem about the bees is occurring, but in central and SE Wyoming there are still lots of bees.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Humm, i just watched a video from Idaho about the honeybees disappearing, in fact in that video they say they are dying, but apparently one of the beekeepers says that this year bees have returned and his colonies have increased this year, meanwhile last year he had many loses.

At the end of the video the reporter says that this year there has been an increase in the population of bees.

I recommend watching that video which can be found on the following link.

www.ktvb.com...

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
well ive been looking around for months now and still no damn bee's, with the recent floods in the Uk making veg prices rise and the obvious lack of Uk grown veg coming up in the next year i think the UK is going to have to import alot alot, could this be a veiw of the future, some placesd buying off others, and if/when the bee's die out and the level of polintion in foods that we need dies down wont some economys crash as they try to buy food at stupid prices ? so......

Bee's = Food = Money = ....well Life.

So if the bee's go, then the price of things fly up and money gets short, global famen and us humans do what we do best, start a war for food. That sound to far fetched ?

Take Care every one, Vix

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have to agree with others. I live in Kentucky and there are more bee's than ever out this year. They don't seem to be going anywhere to me. I can't stay away from the little guys.

Maybe they all went to work as extras in the new Jerry Seinfeld film, "Bee Movie"

join