It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French "knew in 2001 al Qaeda was planning hijack"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Here's an interesting article that describes how the French intelligence knew in advance that a 9/11 event was planned.

PARIS (Reuters) - French secret services produced nine reports between September 2000 and August 2001 looking at the al Qaeda threat to the United States, and knew it planned to hijack an aircraft, the French daily Le Monde said on Monday.

One document prepared in January 2001 was entitled "Plan to hijack an aircraft by Islamic radicals," and said the operation had been discussed in
Kabul at the start of 2000 by al Qaeda, Taliban and Chechen militants.

Le Monde said the French report of January 2001 had been handed over to a CIA operative in Paris, but that no mention of it had ever been made in the official U.S. September 11 Commission, which produced its findings in July 2004.
source

This is fairly interesting news. I wonder why these intelligence report were not mentioned in the 9/11 Commission? I guess this has been looked at from every angle, but once again we see that someone had knowledge that terrorist were specifically targeting airplanes yet nothing was done to safeguard the targets.

It's articles like this that make me question if the U.S. government stepped aside and let 9/11 happen so they would have a pretext for action in the middle east.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Apparently a lot of people knew what was up but we chose to either ignore or disbelieved the warnings. Hell even the Taliban's own foreign minister sent us a heads up as did the Israelis.

join