It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral travel in animals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by pantha]

I have a cat that is very ill at the moment and nearing the end of his life. He is about 17 years old
(We didn't own him from a kitten so we're not really sure how old he is)
We have been told that he has an enlarged liver and he has developed the "rattles". Basically his lungs are giving up
The thing that I am wondering about is the fact that for about the past year he has been passing out in his sleep .He goes completely limp like a rag doll. The vet told us that he is probably experiencing mini strokes.
The reason that I'm questioning it is that if I shake him, he will wake up straight away, but I would have thought that if he was having a stroke then he would be quite hard to bring round.
I know that he is definitely on his way out and I'm not clutching at straws just because I don't want him to go. I just wondered if anyone thinks that he is just temporarily escaping a dying body.
If there are any vets on ATS that can tell me otherwise, then I won't be upset. It's just something that I've been wondering about lately.

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by pantha]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Awww... I'm sorry to hear that.

That sounds like my cat though, and I never even thought she was sick. She 'rattles' (breathes like a Pig with grunting noises) and passes out alot.

I thought it was like Narcilepsey. She'll be sitting there, then BANG...her nose hits the floor. It's weird, she seems dead, but I can wake her immediately and she acts 'embarrassed'.

Hope yours isn't in pain.

I do think they dream, and run/hunt etc. Perhaps thinking they are really big cats. Scary... rawr. I wonder if they fream of their owners though? Like Gods. Or if it's more like they own us.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
perhaps the passing out thing is common in older cats ( is your cat getting on a bit?)
Charlie dosen't seem to be in much pain most of the time.
I just wondered about the astral travelling because I've heard that animals are there on he "other side", wherever that may be . So I suppose that if they can end up there then why shouldn't they be able to astral travel too.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It's hard for me to comment on cat's astral travels.

Mine is a silver Siamese and looks like a damn big eyed Grey. She knows stuff, I'm sure of it.

I try not to make eye contact. She can be uber creepy. Seriously.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I know what you mean about making eye contact. Charlie is fine,he has a really friendly nature, in fact I seriously think that he has some sort of mental retardment and always has since we first got him, but I have another cat (Milo )who I can't look in the eye without my heart skipping a beat. I think that it is because his eyes look seriously human, perhaps a case of reincarnation.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
first of all i love cats...

i had a white siamese a while back which got cancer in her ears from the glaring aussie sun. it was removed but it came back... it was kinda strange coz the day after she died two little kittens turned up at our door and we adopted them (being on the market for a new kitty, two kittens were too hard to resist) the strange thing is the male wont come into the house at all it keeps hissing and spitting (this has been going for 6 years now) but the female will come in and sleep in all the spots our old cat used to and only likes one kind of cat food... the same type our old cat ate (the male cat refuses to touch this type of food)... strange? i thought so...

pantha i feel for you i know exactly how you feel... and i agree cats are smarter and probably more spiritual than we expect

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I hate cats, dogs are better.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I know that there are different cultures and religions in history that considered felines to be gods or spirits. I know my cat, Astro, is more than a pet. He's got a sixth sense of things and reacts before something happens. pretty freaky sometimes.

top topics

join