It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aurora military project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Does this US military project really exist? There have been unusual sighting. It was recently reported than on 27 September 1995 David Morris of Walsall, Cornwall UK took a picture of a triangular shaped plane being refueled by a KC-135, and flanked by a pair of F-111s. Tell me what you think about this topic. Do you think that this project exsits?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I know your new to ATS so welcome and hope you enjoy your time here!
In order to help you out I've linked a thread that was started about the Aurora story and if its possible etc. You'll find that on these forums there are alot of people with different opinions on Aurora. I'd encourage you to check out some of the info on here first by searching out info in the link or with the search function in the top right hand corner of every page.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers Canada_EH

if you have any questions about people on the forums or planes or even how ATS works U2U me by clicking the grey button under my post and I'll be sure to help you the best I can.

A mod may want to close this thread so we don't repeat info etc. just a suggestion

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thanks. I have a page on the Aurora project already, but I'll take a look at your page.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by galm 1
Does this US military project really exist? There have been unusual sighting. It was recently reported than on 27 September 1995 David Morris of Walsall, Cornwall UK took a picture of a triangular shaped plane being refueled by a KC-135, and flanked by a pair of F-111s. Tell me what you think about this topic. Do you think that this project exsits?

If your refering to what I think you are it has already been proven as a hoax. I know there was 2 sperate sighting from plateforms but one was a hoax. Check the following link to the Debunked thread topic which also at the top of the list of aviation threads and you will see on the 2nd page about 5 posts down the photo and explinaton of the hoax.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
My grandfather and I were talking about this the other day. He was a plant manager at a nuclear plant in Kentucky and knows quite a few people. He told me of a friend of his, who is now deceased who lived in Arizona. He told me that this friend of his had told him about the Aurora years ago and actually showed my grandfather a picture of the contrails of this plane. The so called donuts on a rope that the pulse detonation engine creates.

My grandfather doesn't make things up and really believed this story.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackCash
a picture of the contrails of this plane. The so called donuts on a rope that the pulse detonation engine creates.

Nothing new here guys. This can be created by a number of current military planes in the right atomosphereic conditions. Also there is a thread on this subject as well.

a pretty good one that covers alot of ground. Other links of interest

wave.prohosting.com...

1. Regarding the donuts on a rope contrails being a myth and there being absolutely no proof... Actually there is proof.
The Germans experimented with pulse jet engines on the V-1 rockets back in WW2 and the US experimented with the Hiller-Lockwood pulse jet, both produced a similar phenomenon in tests and had they been at a high altitude would most certainly have made the contrail pattern known as "donuts on a rope".

2. Actually, your statement on the PDE not being air-breathing is false. Go back to the Popular Science article you got your 80 cycles per second figure (here's the link) and you'll see that the PDE at China Lake is an air breather.

Even if the PDE wasn't an air breather, your statement on how contrails are formed is also incorrect. Contrails are plumes of water vapor formed by the natural combustion of jet fuel at high altitudes. It's very similar to the water vapor "smoke" trails left by car exhausts on a cold winter morning. The hot exhausts of jet engines, like car engines, contains soot from the combustion of fuels, along with water vapor. In cold weather, the air cannot hold as much water as in warm temperatures, so it reaches saturation (100% humidity) very quickly.

At high altitudes, air temperatures are typically well below -40 degrees F, or even colder. At this extremely low temperature, the air can only retain a very tiny amount of water, so any excess water condenses and turns into a cloud (this is how natural clouds form too). Contrails are, in essence, cirrus clouds induced by a jet engine. Cirrus clouds are high altitude clouds made up of ice crystals.

So a PDE, Scram jet or whatever can easily make contrails if the atmospheric conditions are acceptable.
To take this a step further Minuteman 2 missiles leave contrails, as do other SOLID fuel missiles such as Deltas - and there's not enough moisture in those solid fuel babies to cause condensation inside the rocket.

3. As stated above, the PDE at China Lake is the one that cycles at 80 detonations per second and to do so uses a gatlin gun like feature on the combustion tubes, but this in no way means that every PDE that is or has been developed must also have 80 detonations per second. If the Aurora is flying and if it is using PDE's it would be 1980's technology and not 2004 China Lake technology - who's to say how many detonations per second are needed on an aledged Aurora PDE.

(thanks to intelgurl for a little help)

link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I really have to stress the need for people to use the search function as it does wonders to keep infromation from being lost and help create more discusion and bring old things back to light again.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

1. Regarding the donuts on a rope contrails being a myth and there being absolutely no proof... Actually there is proof.
The Germans experimented with pulse jet engines on the V-1 rockets back in WW2 and the US experimented with the Hiller-Lockwood pulse jet, both produced a similar phenomenon in tests and had they been at a high altitude would most certainly have made the contrail pattern known as "donuts on a rope".

Thats not hardly proof at all. I starts off by saying there is proof that "donuts on a rope" contrails mean something, then saying that V-1 never was up at high altitude. Thats speculation, not proof.

I think USAF probably did fly something high and fast for a bit, but irregular contrails arent neccessarily proof of anything in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This sighting in Walsall, Cornwall. Sounds made up to me. Especially since Walsall is in the West Midlands, HUNDREDS of miles away from Cornwall.

Or do you mean New York, Texas?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The original Aurora thread is still active and being responsed to.

Please continue the discussion there.

Thank you.

closed.

new topics

top topics

join