It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda in Iraq Gains Strength

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Al-Qaeda in Iraq Gains Strength

www.cfr.org

As al-Qaeda grows more diffuse, its franchise operations in places like Iraq appear to be gaining in strength and numbers. Across the country, suicide attacks against civilians are up in recent months, according to a March study by the Gulf Research Center, a Middle East policy institute. The latest attacks, many of which were carried out by al-Qaeda’s foreign fighters, have been timed to undermine the U.S.-led surge of additional forces (AP) into central Iraq. The organization is also increasingly carrying out attacks using multiple bombs, the report finds. And groups linked to al-Qaeda like Islamic State of Iraq have kidnapped nearly twenty government employees (al-Jazeera) near Baghdad, undeterred by the U.S. troop presence in the capital. Al-Qaeda in Iraq’s ranks may have swelled to as many as 60,000 fighters, according to a January 2007 Center for Strategic and International Studies report.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There is new information about Al-Quaeda and the new trend of terrrorism by Al-Qaeda. Really interesting article.

www.cfr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yea, but from what I hear the Sunnis are turning against Al Queda in Iraq because they has no respect for no one.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yea, but from what I hear the Sunnis are turning against Al Queda in Iraq because they has no respect for no one.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
First, look at who's writing the report... the CFR... in this organisation, there's people massively involved in 9/11 so of course they will propagandise the BS about Al-Qaeda and Iraq... This is just laughable.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Somewhere I remember someone saying that the insurgency was in it's last throws. Yes, and 4 years later the insurgents whoareknowntobeconnectedtoalqaeda are stronger than ever. This is pure propaganda to help fund the war machine. What did they do, take a poll and ask everyone?

Hey are you Al Qaeda?

Give me a break.

[edit on 4/5/2007 by Hal9000]

top topics

join