It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Song That Brings Back Great Memories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Have you heard one that brought you back lately?

Songs are wonderful things because days, months, years can go by and that one song can bring back a flood of emotions and memories. Memories that bring that warm feelings that you haven't felt in a long time.

Don't you love to hear a song you haven't heard in a long time and it is like a time machine bringing you right back to that special place and moment.

My song is Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin it was the first song I ever danced slow with a beautiful girl in Junior High that I really liked. Whenever I hear the song it brings me right back to the first warm embrace, the softness of her sweater, her smell, her soft hair and the place we danced. Wonderful memories.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yes, Yes Yes... great thread...

My first school dance, a couple of girls from the neighborhood got me to dance to "Take Your Time Do It Right" - SOS Band, I'll never forget that.

First "puppy love" break up song - "Against All Odds" - Phil Collins

Huge Crush on a girl that I could never have "Sister Christian" - Night Ranger

A Time in my life where I was "confused" but a teenager as well - "secret lovers" - Atlantic Starr

Misc songs that remind me of Fall - seems like thats when I heard them...
"Tripped Through Your Wires" - U2
"Never Tear Us Apart" - Inxs
"Mummers Dance" - Lorenna McKennit
"Truly Madly Deeply" -
"Take Me With You" - Prince
"Darlin Nikki" - Prince
"I Can't Make You Love Me" - Bonnie Rait
"Escape - The Pina Colada Song" - Rupert Holmes

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is a good thread

For starters, I have a song the holds lots of meaning to me personally. I had this one guy that used to sing that Georgia Satellite song to me
"Keep Your Hands To Yourself" I can still hear him singing it to me now....

I got a little change in my pocket going jingle lingle ling
want to call you on the telephone baby I give you a ring
but each time we talk I get the same old thing
always no huggin no kissin until I get a wedding ring
my honey my baby don't put my love upon no shelf
she said don't give no lines and keep your hands to yourself

Cruel baby baby baby why you want to treat me this way
you know I'm still your lover boy I still feel the same way
that's when she told me a story 'bout free milk and a cow
and she said no huggin no kissin until I get a wedding vow
my honey my baby don't put my love upon no shelf
she said don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself

you see I wanted her real bad and I was about to give in
that's when she started talkin' true love started talkin' about sin
I said honey I'll live with you for the rest of my life
she said no huggin no kissin until you make me your wife
my honey my baby don't put my love on no shelf
she don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself.
Source

Back when I was young and carefree, that song always puts a smile on my face no matter what
I married that guy 20 years ago he's the father of my children

[edit on 3/30/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Torn between two lovers...Mary mcgregor...I was 18 and was in love with my husband who I met when 16, and we broke up for a year and I met another guy and my husband wanted me back and I was so in love with the guy I met , I was really tore up then about who to be with.

You're in my heart you're in my soul- Rod Stewart, first song that I heard when I met my husband.

Puppy love donny osmond, when I got my first puppy I named him puppy love after that song...lol

[edit on 30-3-2007 by truthseeker1011]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There are so many songs that remind me of different times in my life. Usally there'll always be a top fourty song they play over and over again that might remind me of a certain vacation I enjoyed in particular. I kind of have to hear them to think of them though. Its your love by Tim McGraw was out one year when I was in Panama City and it always reminds me of that trip.

One song I remember though as a kid that I liked for whatever reason I don't know I just liked the song. I think the title of it was- I go crazy- by DHT. I never listened to the words of songs back then I just listened to them because I like the music. Anyhow the song reminds me of what seemed like simpler times, looking back now. No job, out of school for the summer, that sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The artist who did the song I mentioned- I go Crazy- was Paul Davis , not DHT.

They both use the same lyrics except for gender but Paul Davis is the one I heard a as a kid and liked.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I've got so many songs that take me back [to the 80's]. I literally made an entire page on my piczos site with 25 videos from the 80's on it. I couldn't possibly pick just one.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
aaa great love those songs that bring back momeries...
i just remember all those songs from vice city i found now and listening too that remind me the good back old days when i was playing the game,been out of school for some days,the sun was shining it was like real vice city outside^^,even on the tv everything was miami style aaa awesome and many others

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
how about these....

Theme from Miami Vice - Yan Hammer (?) talk about going back to the 80's

and

Axel F - Harold Faultimeyer (sp?)

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Listening to any Journey songs in my Z-28 with the tops off in the summer, at night. Young, single and not a care in the world.........ahhhhhhhh

But life is still good just different now.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The 3 Russian groups DDT, Lube (not as much, but still), and Tsoy bring back many old memories of Russia, it brings ALOT of memories, and the songs are special.

Also, alot of rap that I listened to right after getting out the "cage" brought back memories of how much I enjoyed the freedom and those heavenly days that followed....yes songs can be very very special, great thread

new topics

top topics

join