It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Dr. Andrija Puharich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If anyone can shed some NON mainstream information to the connection of Dr. Andrija Puharich to The Council of Nine and his under study Uri Geller? I have been doing some research on SRI and remote viewing and this guys name keeps coming up but all I can dig on him is the normal crap you find buried on google. This guy has some deep ties with the government and NASA.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
If anyone can shed some NON mainstream information to the connection of Dr. Andrija Puharich to The Council of Nine and his under study Uri Geller? I have been doing some research on SRI and remote viewing and this guys name keeps coming up but all I can dig on him is the normal crap you find buried on google. This guy has some deep ties with the government and NASA.

Puharich was funded by the CIA. Don't ask me how I know. He brought Geller from Israel to SRI to be studied by Dr Hal Puthoff in a remote-viewing study funded by the CIA. In December 1952, Puharich brought into his laboratory an Indian mystic named Dr D G Vinod, who began to channel The Nine or ‘the Nine Principles’. In the months before Vinod returned to India, a group met regularly to hear The Nine’s channelled wisdom. Never known for their modesty, The Nine proclaimed themselves to be God, stating "God is nobody else than we together, the Nine Principles of God."

Three years later, there appeared to be independent confirmation of their existence. In Mexico, Puharich and Young met Charles and Lillian Laughead, former Christian missionaries who were by then prominent in the burgeoning UFO contactee movement. Back in the States a few weeks later, Puharich received a letter from the Laugheads containing messages received by their group’s channeller. This message also claimed to come from the Nine Principles, even – amazingly – including references to the earlier communications transmitted through Dr Vinod. Could The Nine possibly be for real?

Perhaps the answer is embedded in the career of Puharich himself. After disbanding the Round Table Foundation in 1958, he worked for 10 years as an inventor of medical devices and achieved international recognition as a parapsychologist, most famously studying the Brazilian psychic surgeon, Arigo (José Pedro de Freitas). But all that was to pale into insignificance because, in 1971, Puharich discovered Uri Geller.

At their first meetings in Tel Aviv in 1971, Puharich hypnotised Geller in an attempt to find out where his abilities came from. As a result, the young Israeli started to channel ‘Spectra’ – an entity which claimed to be a conscious super-computer aboard a spaceship. However, Puharich suggested to him that there might be a connection with the Nine Principles, and Spectra readily agreed that there was. The Nine claimed that they had programmed Geller with his powers as a young child.

Through Geller, The Nine alerted Puharich to his life’s mission, which was to use Geller’s talents to alert the world to an imminent mass landing of spaceships that would bring representatives of The Nine. However, Geller – by now an international psychic superstar – bowed out in 1973 and has resolutely turned his back on The Nine ever since. Puharich had to find other channels.

He joined up with aristocratic former racing driver Sir John Whitmore and Florida-based psychic and healer Phyllis Schlemmer. They found a new channeller – a Daytona cook known to history only by the pseudonym ‘Bobby Horne’ – who lived to regret his dealings with The Nine. Driven to the brink of suicide by their constant demands, he too dropped out of the scene – his despair being dismissed by Whitmore as "signs of instability". After this, Phyllis Schlemmer was appointed the authorised spokesperson for the entity – known simply as ‘Tom’ – who represented The Nine

Puharich, Whitmore and Schlemmer then set up Lab Nine at Puharich’s estate in Ossining, New York. The Nine’s disciples included multi-millionaire businessmen (many hiding behind pseudonyms and including members of Canada’s richest family, the Bronfmans), European nobility, scientists from the Stamford Research Institute and at least one prominent political figure who was a personal friend of President Gerald Ford.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Micpsi,

Thanks for the info you posted...Unfortunatly I have already got that info just not in that order from a book I have "The Stargate Conspiracy". I read that back in 2001 thats what got me into the whole SRI theory with RV. I'm looking for more info on the lines of why NASA wanted this guy on their payroll? I just can't connect the dots with hard paper why NASA and the NSA and CIA would have taken an interest in his work if they didn't think that it had merit. But thanks any way.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Originally posted by micpsi

Puharich was funded by the CIA. Don't ask me how I know.

I'm sorry. You made the statement.

I'm asking, how do you know ?

If no answer is forthcoming, then this bit of info, in my opinion is useless.

Lex

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Lex,

These are questions I wish I could connect to...Some books say he was funded or on the payroll of NASA and other government agency's. I just can't get hold of some hard paper to say one way or the other.

top topics

join