It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if :: Aliens Jesus and You.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Topic inspired from Thread: ET's religion

Instead of derailing that topic and besides I thought this would be a more appropriate forum for this type of question so here it goes...

What if; lets just say hypothetically I want to state this as a hypothetical question because I want to hear from both sides as in believers and nonbelievers in Jesus the Christ. This will take a bit of open mindedness on everyone's part, but this should be fun and get you thinking. Well I hope.

Lets just assume for the moment aliens exist (ET's) and we have been in contact with them for some time and you where among the people that was able to talk with them. So you ask them questions and then you ask them this question: "do you believe in Jesus and was He the son of God?" What if they said they did believe he was the son of God and not only did they say they believe he was they also go on to say they (as in the alien race) where there monitoring watching. In fact they said they have the whole life death and resurrection recorded; Everything. They show you the birth, Jesus in his teen years, his miracles, persecution, death, resurrection. How would that change or reaffirm your faith or non belief?

I pose this questions because I think it will stimulate thought from different belief systems I find here on ATS and BTS. Some people believe in aliens but not God; Some believe in God and not aliens; some believe in both. While others do not believe in either. Some believe aliens are our God(s). Some think Jesus is a fairytale while others believe he was the son of God; other believe he was a prophet only, etc…

This is not a trick question or a mind trap; just a thought provoking open ended discussion. Please play nice. Thank you and Good Journey.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It is an interesting fantasy, however I personally would not know whether to trust it or not. It would be really easy for the aliens to make this historical fiction, basically a holographic motion picture similar to "The passion of the Christ" only with super alien technology. How would you know it was correct?

In the end your question implies to me that we can't really trust any of this. What's the difference in a book and super alien technology? Either can be manipulated to suit the storyteller's whims. Either/both CAN be true as well.

If you are asking based on the holograph being 100% true, then how would they prove it was true? I fear I am at the mercy of my perception, in a world of lies. Not that it has to be my problem, just saying.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, first and foremost, I do not believe Christianity is the correct path. I think humanity needs to take things literally sometimes in order to understand them, and God was taken literally in the early years as a means to comprehend. Today, the literal term has grown by leaps and bounds in the realm of major religion.

I would not be convinced of the truth of christianity if aliens showed me a record of Jesus' birth, life, death and resurrection, I would have to reject it. Why? Because i thought religion had more to do with faith than anything, and faith is having a belief without undeniable proof. If the aliens are showing me undeniable proof, then that takes away the value of faith, which seems to discount the entire belief structure of religion. Doesn't it?

If what the aliens were showing me was real, then i would have to assume that those aliens are no better than the authorities of our own various world governments, that they must think I have something to offer them, and that is why they are showing me lies. 'Cause they want something from me.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
They can show me everything from jesus walking on earth, to atlantis, dinosaurs, God etc. etc. But the one thing I've learnt, don't take anyone or anything's word for it.

It may be the truth or it may not be the truth, I believe it is more important to take some time to find out more about it from any and every possible view/angle/information before come to any concusion.

It would be dangerous to make any concusion on the spot without more knowledge or information on the subject... call it ignorance.

No other source of information avaliable? remain netual until some kind of confimation.

Too close minded can lead to ignorance, too open mind can also lead to ignorance, best to have a balance. Never know when we may dig out more information. Sometimes it may be better to find out the intentions of the original bearers of the message.

True facts are hard to find. In the end it may depend on our indiviual intelligence, logical reasoning, faith, wisdom, experience and other factors with all avaiable information at that time.

More primitive lifeforms tend to be easier to decieve as they have not discovered many things about the universe.

In other words, our best guess. If only the human race was smarter......

[edit on 28-3-2007 by ixiy]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well, I would make friends with the aliens and learn about their background, history, beliefs, mindset, etc. If I thought that they were honest, nice people, then I would probably believe them. Besides, if this opportunity gave me the chance to know more about Jesus and his ministry, why pass up the chance to learn?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
First of all I would think 'Cool!!!! aliens' and then it would turn to ' What is their agenda' as I would be suspicious of their claims - being an atheist and all. It would still not constitute as proof for me.
It would be just the same reaction from christians if these same aliens came and said that jesus wasnt real, nor was god and that humans evolved either naturally or had some alien intervention!!!!

Second hand evidence or hearsay cannot and must not be used as concrete evidence for anything.

G

top topics

join