It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Denies Large US Naval Exercise - There is no Spoon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Iran Denies Large US Naval Exercise - There is no Spoon

en.rian.ru

TEHRAN, March 28 (RIA Novosti) - Iran has denied reports that large-scale U.S. Navy exercises are underway in the Persian Gulf.

On Tuesday, it was reported that the U.S. had started its biggest naval exercises in the past few years in the area.

"Statements surrounding the U.S. Fifth Fleet conducting large-scale U.S. naval exercises in the region are untrue," a deputy commander of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theage.com.au

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
UK troops captured by Iran
U.S. Navy Shot At By Iran?
Are we hours away from war with Iran??
British PM warns Iranians only have a few days

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This reminds me of the comments that the Iraqi Defense Minister would make during 2003. "There are no US tanks in Baghdad. Never!" While not denying that there are U.S. warships in the area, they seem to want to hide their head in the ground when it comes to the military exercises that are taking place.

Maybe this is a front that they're putting on to keep the Iranians from panicking or I guess it could be some sort of war strategy. I don't understand how denying the existing exercises helps matters any. Either the U.S. is conducting large scale exercises, as suggested my most media outlets, or they are not.

Oddly enough, the U.S. may be doing the exact same thing. Earlier this week a rumor that Iran fired a missile at a U.S. warship was quickly squashed by Washington.

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
This reminds me of the comments that the Iraqi Defense Minister would make during 2003. "There are no US tanks in Baghdad. Never!"

Who me?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
...If you look really closely in the picture, you can actually see a tank over his left shoulder...lol

[edit on 3/28/2007 by digitalassassin]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I just love this table-tennis-ping-pong game here!

We are currently conducting largest naval operations in Persian Gulf!

No You Are Not!

Yes We Are!

No You Are Not!

YES WE ARE!

But the problem here is, that probably none of the members here debating this, are currently not in the Persian Gulf and have no idea what is going on there - so it is only a matter of each individual to belive which side.

I actually do not belive any of them.

top topics

join