It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Kucinich calls for new 9/11 investigastion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

He also said that as chairman of a House subcommittee on domestic policy, he plans to launch an investigation of "a narrow portion" of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. He offered few details, but said his subcommittee would be looking at "a few, specific discrepancies in the public record." The 9/11 Commission that published its final report in 2004 never resolved some conflicting facts, Kucinich said. He announced his own look at 9/11 in answer to a question from an audience member. The man complained that the 9/11 Commission was too tied to the Bush administration to offer an unbiased report, and Kucinich agreed.

the rest of the story here

First time trying to post stuff from a web site, so if it doesnt work bear with me.

I hope the scope of this investigation expands and isnt just a political ploy to advances his candidicy.

[edit on 27-3-2007 by Slade88green]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Even if it is a ploy, wouldn't this bring some people to question when they wouldn't have? I also hope it's not just political BS. Especially after finding out that the panel knows that they were lied to.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I read the linked story and it sounds like gatekeeper style digested horse food to me.

I heard an internet radio interview with one of his constituents that had lost a relative on 911. This person was approaching to request that he ask the hard questions about that event and she said she was blown off. The interview is/was available through the RBN show archives. It was Greg Sysmanski's radio program that broadcast the interview. One of Kucinich's former organization workers phoned in during the interview and the concensus in the discussion seemed to be that K's halo had slipped a little on 911 issues. I'm sorry I can't give an exact date or link to the interview.

His statements in the linked article sound like weasel words to me.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Any investigation run by the government is just a waste of congress' time and taxpayer resources, how long after this investigation would it take for some other member of congress to "demand" a "new" investigation to investigate the investigation of the initial investigation....

I think we should investigate...

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Even if it is a ploy, wouldn't this bring some people to question when they wouldn't have?

I agree, any new investigation is a step in the right direction, even if its government doing it. Of course they could simply say "yup we investigated and all is as we said it was before!"

I think we should investigate...

Thousands of people currently are, but it always stays as just that, investigating. Without help from authorities it cant go anywhere. (barring revolution)

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slade88green
Thousands of people currently are, but it always stays as just that, investigating. Without help from authorities it cant go anywhere. (barring revolution)

How can you let the government investigate itself again? What's going to happen, "the 9/11 Report 2.0"?, creating new disinformation to further get away from the truth?

The government "destroyed" evidence (Berger), attempting to keep the truth from coming out, so any investigation conducted by, or commissioned by the government will be a sham.

The authorities of the various agencies involved will always choose CYA over disclosure, once most of this generation is long gone and documents get released through the FOIA you might be able to piece the puzzle together.

What is needed is a guilt ridden member of some agency to turn whistleblower and start leaking some of the evidence needed to get us closer to the truth.

They could start with the Flight 93 crash, I would love some answers to that one....

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I very much agree with you Jack. The government will never do a fair investigation. But without people in power demanding answers, we will get nowhere. Unfortunatly people are so disorganized and lazy it always stays at just talking. I hope a critical mass can be reached in the near future.

top topics

join