It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fantsy or sci-fi world you would like to live in

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The world from the Wheel of fortune.

Of course I'm talented.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
The Warhammer 40k universe. Seeming as its dark, dangerous and hostile I might as well side with Chaos and be a Emperor's Children Space Marine that way I feel pleasure whenever I get wounded and my death would be probably the best way possible. I would hope to die early that way the latter effects wouldn't hit and hopefully Slaanesh likes me enough to make me a Daemon Prince. I would eventually carve out a Demon World and live out my eternal existence by doing whatever I wanted to do. Either that or just be first in line to get absorbed by the Tyranids.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by nastalgik]

What about an eldar paradise world? Sign me up for that, or a space ork pirate, always doing what you like.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I just noticed that my second response to this thread is almost identical to the first one. I forgot I had even responded..

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I would take anything over this place tbh!

But one I was thinking of the other day was A Nightmare Before Christmas....I would absolutely love that! I know it's animation but still....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wcssar

wcssar you pose quite the interesting question.
But are you out of your ever loving mind?! In the sci-fi and fantasy world something is either trying to kill you eat to enslave you are generally make your life a living hell. Sometimes in unique interesting and horrible ways! And quite complicated question to answer! Is the only site I know of where something was not trying to kill you each you are enslave you. Was the Jetsons. There's this is just trying to screw you out of your pay. But I had a choice to be a sci-fi world of the early 60s late 50s.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

If not that the choclate factory.

Finally someone got it right.

FTL travel? Holodeck? Bah!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
For me it is pretty cut and dried:

Sci-Fi: Definitely Star Trek (Next Gen or Voyager melieu)

Fantasy: Middle Earth In Rohan or Gondor. It would be great to be friends with all the characters from the Lord Of The Rings books.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
David Gemmell's Stones Of Power.

Jon Shannow is one of the coolest individuals in any fiction.

Close behind would be a companion of either Pug / Milamber or Belgarath, and as previously said Saltheart Foamfollower would be a great companion.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Hiya Freeborn. 'Belgarath?' Which books was he out of? They were great when I was a kid. He was Garath and became Belgarath and there was a little ginger girl who was annoying and became okay later on.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

The Belgariad and The Mallorean series of books by David Eddings.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I read them quite a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed them, shear escapism.

I noticed a bus driver reading an old battered copy of 'The Demon Lord Of Karanda' a couple of weeks ago and ever since I have had the urge to dig my copies out and re-read them.

There were rumours of a film but it never transpired.

I think I read all of David Eddings books, unfortunately he died last year.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Ringworld! Wow what a view honey!
Or maybe Stephen Baxter's "future past" from Ring & Vacuum Diagrams.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
For fantasy novels, I would go for Middle Earth during the second age. I would love to be one of the elves.

For Sci Fi, I would enjoy living in David Weber's "Honor Herrington" universe. I would be a citizen of the planet of Manticore, definitely not a "Peep".

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Loved the Jerusalem man, read the whole series! Jon Shannow, clint eastwood eat your heart out! Superb, and The Chronicles of Thomas Covernant, rumours they are turning it into a film

As for David and Leigh Eddings; read every series they ever did.. (Polgara?.. I soo would!)

As for the OP... I would love to be Lord Uhtred of Bebbanburgh.. The fiction of Bernard Cornwall in his saxon series about Alfred the Great.,

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If i were to pick a fantasy world to live in, i couldnt imagine a better place to take up residence than in Michael Moorcock's "The City in the Autumn Stars".....

"Now i could see the outline of a wonderful city, glowing black and white in the light of stars whose formations were unfamiliar, whose size was larger; stars warmer and older than any i had seen."

Ahh, what a life that would be....

Sorry, i think im 'going off on one' - better give myself a reality check!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The Forgotten realms

I love fantasy worlds, but TFR is definately my favourite.

Toril to be precise.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
X-Files world, baby!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6d2f43f4d7b.jpg[/atsimg]

-TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I would definitely live on "Voyager" Just so I could follow 7 of 9 around all day, or until she agreed to penetrate my epidermis with her assimilation tubules

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Hehe.

The trouble with the Voyager scenario, mr spanners, is that you would have to put up with that annoying little toad called Neelix!

I'd have to bundle him out of the airlock in shuttle bay 2!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yes Neelix would have to be told to take a long walk out of a short torpedo tube.
I never quite got how it was supposed to be acceptable for him to be having a relationship with Kes who was supposed to be 5 or 6 years old

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I just had to say thank you for that picture of the lovely Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully)...

I really miss that show's plot curves...ur...ugh...twists.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join