It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sit x and choices to make

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There's nothing worse on the internet than creating a lengthy post only to have an error somewhere in the process and lose your words when directed to use the browser's back button. Anyway...here is the second attempt.

We have already discussed bug out bags and being prepared for sit x. There are so many things to consider, they pop up on the fly and deserve pondering. Let's say that you are prepared well, you have some skill and are familiar with survival, and you have your bob packed and stashed. Sit x occurs and you decide to avoid your 'rescuers' and head out to your safe place. You are there and everyone is ok, your supplies are intact and you are ready for the short term. On your way you notice that there is a walmart that is somewhat active. The question is would you take advantage of the situation and suppliment your supplies by looting? By doing this, you are preparing for the long term grabbing things of not so neccessary need that may make life better.

You are this point where you could stay put and wait it out, hoping things will return to some kind of normalcy, or you could try your luck and make a go of it. Keep in mind that by evading your 'rescuers', you may have become a person of interest. You may be arrested just for running away so you may have to lie low for some time.

Let's look at some possibilities.

You decide to make a go at it, you want to grab some stuff, you hope to blend in and get away without trouble.
You could be sucessful and get some extras for your family. Your long term survival could be a bit more secure or you could be shot on site, which is counter productive to survival. You could be followed by some folk who are interested in what you are carrying. Or worse still you could be followed all the way back to camp where you just put your family in danger. You may be holed up for some time and your chance at supplies is a one time opportunity.

How much would you degrade to keep ahead of the situation?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
if, if i had what i needed then no way would i stop at a place where the powers that be might decide to swoop in on. if i did need something then i would try a smaller location in a out of the way place to stock up, but i try to not be in such a position by being pretty much in my secure location 24/7 as i am retired and planed for this when i relocated out of the city.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Looting is probably one of the most dangerous things to try, their are far to many risks in looting a large shop like that with a large number of people already inside it.

Best plan has to be stay away from it, if you're not shot by the police, then you may well be shot by a fellow looter for that last loaf of bread.

in your scenario you have already made it to your safespot, so making the trip back into the city means you now have to get back to your safespot unnoticed - which wont be easy with a plasma tv will it

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The first thing you would want to do is GTF away from everything and everybody. Remember EVERYONE is going to be desperate and will probably stop at nothing to get what they want. To ensure one's safety you would want to have everything you need ahead of time and be well prepared and also have the foresight to get a jump on things before TSHTF.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If it's not on me or at my residence its not needed. I prepare so I am ready in situation x.

I'm not an amateur, I wont endanger myself like that. I have a wife and child Ive got to look after.

Now if I was without anything, all by myself, I might risk it. It would be hard to believe a group of armed men wouldn't come to take control of a resource like that though...

- NSBiz

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
There's nothing worse on the internet than creating a lengthy post only to have an error somewhere in the process and lose your words

Ouch,hurts doesn`t it.

If you intend to make a lengthy post,do it in Mico Word or equivalent,the BB codes will still work as well.Then simply copy and paste the lot over here.

The question is would you take advantage of the situation and suppliment your supplies by looting? By doing this, you are preparing for the long term grabbing things of not so neccessary need that may make life better.

I hadn`t thought about this before until you asked and I can only think of,if the area looked safe to go in for one,then I very well might.

Though money in this type of situation would mean next to nothing,other than a good fire starter etc,so what I took I`d leave the money on the counter,If someone else took the money thats their problem not mine.

How much would you degrade to keep ahead of the situation?

Hopefully none at all,though I could see myself being more protective of people in general or those closest to me.Not that I would intentionally kill someone for instance, but I can imagine situations where force would be needed for our survival from people affected by lawlessness and desperation.

top topics

join