It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ROK's secret commandos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The ROK army has a special forces unit more "elite" then the 707th SMB or the Tukong unit. These guys train almost as hard as the north korean special operatives themselves . And some of the teams manage to conduct successful operations against the n.koreans, probably mostly sabotage and intelligence. Unfortunetly, one of the teams trained to assassinate Kim-Il sung turned against their own govt. Its a very interesting read, pretty long too.

www2.gol.com...

www.fas.org...

A movie about the revolt is opening up real soon.

www.yonhapnews.co.kr...

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by gooking]

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Great stuff, I have a lot of interest in Korea as I have known several Korean nationals.

I am aware that peace is desired so badly by the south that they plan a generous deal to get it. Still difficult to know why the north resists but I assume if is due to shutting down a large part of their military and the effects on PRNK as it shifts from military economy to industrial.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm glad you liked it.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Out of curiousity, is anyone interested in watching the movie? I know I am, I want to see them scarf down the human bones if they have it in the scene.

Edit- When DVDs come out they usually have foreign language subtitles including english. So you would understand what they're saying.

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by gooking]

new topics

top topics

join