It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the most deranged author ever!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The guy who wrote "The Diary Of Jack The Ripper" O.K it wasn't his own wwords in the book but that pretty derangged to me if you wanna write about a serial killer

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by regs
I'd have to say Poe is deffinetly right up there on my top 5. Also on that list, though, would be King, Barker, Koontz, and, can't think of the authors name, but the guy who wrote "Catcher in the Rye."

Why is J.D. Salinger deranged? I never thought of the Catcher in the Rye as a deranged book.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Just my personal feelings on Salinger. It just seemed a very wacked book.

regs out...

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Lovecraft, classic, and deranged, no one touches the imagination of Clive Barker though.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I love Stephen King to death, but he HAS to be a little deranged (which is a compliment in my book lol) to come out with some of the stuff he does

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
I love Stephen King to death, but he HAS to be a little deranged (which is a compliment in my book lol) to come out with some of the stuff he does

I love King as well. I even prefer his non-horror. The Dark Tower series, Different Seasons, just exellent story telling.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The Stand is my favourite, with Insomnia coming a close second.

I'm currently reading "From a Buick 8" it's excellent so far, but it's taking a while because I keep switching between it and the chapters of Piskys story which he's printed off for me (so that I may read at my leisure...in bed, while he feeds me grapes
).

Uh Oh... I think I may need to change my vote for most deranged author...I forgot about Piskys stories

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
Uh Oh... I think I may need to change my vote for most deranged author...I forgot about Piskys stories

Must be the Laughing Kitten then

Actually, I agree with amantine about de Sade. He really has to be the most utterly deranged author ever. Some of it even churned my guts and it takes a lot for a book to do that. (Although a certain part of King's 'Pet Semetary' put me off my breakfast.
)

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Still Nikolai Gogol.

As well as dozens of amazing short stories and well known stuff like Tara Bulba, he put years into the manuscript for Dead Souls... then torched it one day when he was pissed off with himself... then rewrote most of it from scratch but died before he had it finished.

It is one of the great books. Write your own ending.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thomas Harris!!
It took a sick mind to come up with
the Hannibel Lector.
And Buffalo Bill, and all the other serial killers
that populate his novels.
And what about the grand finale when he
eats the guys brain while he's still alive.
Yes, Mr harris has quite a morbid imagination.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Andrew Vachss, for his views of reality and urban life.

DeSade for overalll bizarreness.
What, no Lewis Carroll?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
H.P. Lovecraft, E.A. Poe....both of them fall into the really and truly "bizarre" literature category.

Also - William Burroughs, yes, but not really "that" deranged. "Naked Lunch" is chock-full of disturbing imagry, but I don't know if that's particularly a testament to how deranged he was as a person..?

I think in terms of "society," Tim Leary was up there with his tune in - turn on - drop out ideas.
Palahniuk, his books are interesting...I met him a few years ago at Prarie Lights Bookstore in Iowa City, IA. In real life, he's not nearly as interesting as one would think from his writing...

Just my $.02

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
my vote goes to clive.....his books of blood series, whoa something else...

"Everyone's a book of blood; whenever we're opened we're red" ~ just a little twisted, ya?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
My vote goes to H.P. Lovecraft. Only a real sick mind could have come up with some of the stuff he wrote.

Clive Barker trails second. Those books of blood were really desturbing!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Alistair Crowley.
That guy was/is seriously twisted. Nasty piece of work...both he and his writings.
Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Bentley Little.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I'll go with Lovecraft.
The guy not only wrote all those weird stories,he managed to make every book lover looking for Necronomicon(we all know it's fictional,but i still have 3 different copies of it
)

The second in my list would have to be Donald Tyson,who actually wrote a Necronomicon,the grimoires of the Necronomicon and the story of Alhazred.The last book it really gave me the creeps.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
John Dies at the End by David Wong, is a pretty twisted book.

Lots of new material to add to my "to read" list.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Yeah, I read that...that guy really got the shaft didn't he? No wonder he became so bitter... His story is truly messed up (and yeah, I've bought a few different versions of the Necronomicon too, hehe...)

How did that go again? Oh yeah...Klatu...Verata...Necktie!

*Earth rumbles, as things start to claw their way out*

Oops...gotta go....

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Another vote for Burroughs.

This is a guy who killed his wife while playing a game of William Tell.

Later on he became a painter... his technique was to set up cans of paint in front of a canvas and blast them with a shotgun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join