It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Crawler - UFO search engine online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
A new search engine for UFOs and the paranormal from IBM & Yahoo.

UFOCrawler

Haven't given it much of a test yet. Probably not much to discuss here, just thought I'd share, seems pretty usefull at first look though. Another small step to getting the information out there perhaps.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It's amazing that powerhouses like IBM and YAHOO would form a search engine of this nature isn't it? Staid, convservative, image-conscious IBM? Wow.

Story #1: searchengineland.com...
Story #2: www.bigmouthmedia.com...

[edit on 13-3-2007 by carewemust]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
seems like a good site with a good idea. i tried it, search results are not all that bad but since the potential of disinformation exists, this would be a good place to exclude some things from the searches in favor of others.

edit= then again, google seems to do it also.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by souls]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
From what i have tried it's really good, put in "Victor" and got several links to Alien Interview case, if you searched google it would take days to zone in, just seems to save a lot of time.....yay

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
A new search engine for UFOs and the paranormal from IBM & Yahoo.

Originally posted by carewemust
It's amazing that powerhouses like IBM and YAHOO would form a search engine of this nature isn't it? Staid, convservative, image-conscious IBM? Wow.

It says powered by IBM and Yahoo, meaning they are using technology developed by them. This isn’t a Yahoo/IBM project, it’s a www.anomolies.net project.

Olav Phillips at Anomalies.net has put the freely available IBM OmniFind Yahoo Edition to work at UFOCrawler.com, where people can plumb the Internet for information on the unexplained.

source

[edit on 13/3/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Strange... I did a search on "O'Hare UFO photo" and ATS was not returned... and a lot of what was returned was useless. (and all three words are in the title of our thread)

But ...

Our own Unified Conspiracy Search (powered by Google) gave much better results (even looking beyond the ATS results).

new topics

top topics

join