It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Election Polls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Excuse me staff.. Amigos..

I was wondering if there where to be any plans for polls to go along with the current Election.. like in real world election to see whos "ahead" in the polls so to speak.

Perhaps there could be a poll done weekly or so, it would help those behind who may not know it, and generate more intrest in the elections.

Thank you for your time.

Also, I didn't know where to post this.. I was going to U2U someone but didnt know who.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I take it you mean a 'straw poll'?

I think once a week may be a bit to often, but I do think it is an
interesting idea.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If I may offer a suggestion on the mechanics of the poll:

Rather than making it a static once a week, choose your person, tally the results poll, why not make it a live-poll where people basically put a dot in a "radial button" field beside the candidate whom they support, with an extra field for "undecided".

Each time someone dots an option, it adds them to a counter of people who've taken the poll.

If you read a post that makes you change your mind to a different candidate or become undecided, you simply select a different radial button to update the poll's results, without actually changing the count of people surveyed, and without forcing people who stick with the same candidate to have to take the same poll over and over again.

That way the poll is always up to date, doesn't require constant redundant input, and saves time for everyone involved (except for the initial time investment of coding such a thing, which might be substantial).

[edit on 3/9/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ah nice idea Libra.. of course the only down side is the staff would have to make one up, and like you said it could be difficult, unless there is already a program out there like it and you could just reconfigure the names and such.

I like the idea though.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
That would be rather interesting... hmm. I don't know how they would do that though. That would be really complicated and I believe it would take a really good coder to figure out how to make one of those.

top topics

join