It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Forests being closed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I went out to go four wheeling yesterday and found out all the trails withing 20 miles are gated over by the Government. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! They get enough money to keep these roads open. What is up??? I see lots of rich folks houses being built on land that was a few years ago National and State forest though.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The EXACT same thing is happening here in Colorado.

Hope the handicapped don't like going into the woods, because now the only way into a lot of areas here is to walk.

BG

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by beergoggles

Hope the handicapped don't like going into the woods, because now the only way into a lot of areas here is to walk.

BG

Smells a lawsuit agains the Gov

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beergoggles

BG

What areas are being closed in Colorado?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
There are several trails/roads that have been closed to traffic just in the Chaffee county area.

This link is not specific to Colorado, but still gives some interesting statistics.
www.4x4wire.com...

Peace,
BG

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i live in ft collins and go out 44H alot with my girlfriend, about 35 to 40mi west from Ft. Collins. Does anyone know or seen what is going on out there...? maybe it's just a HAARP but something seems a little fishy... if anyone from around here wants to go out here sometime let me know and i can take you to the area. I am starting to wonder if it's not another TS base going up. I used to go out there all the time till last summer when it got shut down.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Great...*Pictures a meeting*

"Sir! We have no more land to build Baces and big ugly Maibu Barbie houes on! what sould we do?"
"Cut down all the forests!"
"Right away sir!"

God...how can people do this I mean...why are they being closed? They should keep them open...it's just sad
....And if they are bulding camps or Baces, then why pick a closed forrest? I mean Hikers and other people visit(ed) there...Why not pick a place that no one has been?

But something is fishy...maybe they are trying to take away our air or even our wildlife, but It's just sad....this isn't suposed to happen. Money grubbing idiots, all of them! They say they are trying to protect when all they do is distroy....Some thing big is going to go down...And I don't like where this is headed....

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glowworm
i live in ft collins and go out 44H alot with my girlfriend, about 35 to 40mi west from Ft. Collins. Does anyone know or seen what is going on out there...? maybe it's just a HAARP but something seems a little fishy... if anyone from around here wants to go out here sometime let me know and i can take you to the area. I am starting to wonder if it's not another TS base going up. I used to go out there all the time till last summer when it got shut down.

Can you estimate where this area is?

Is it around the Rawah wilderness? There is quite a bit of state land west of that area.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Closing trails, maybe there is some things going up in the wood or they are aware of something going on in those area

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark

Originally posted by Glowworm

Can you estimate where this area is?

Is it around the Rawah wilderness? There is quite a bit of state land west of that area.

It's south of SR14 (Pouder Cannyon), on a map look for Box Prairie, its about 5 -10 miles from there back tward Ft Collins.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thats bad i dont like that at all

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
We owe a lot of people a lot of money, and some of that is collateral in the form of land. If our economy goes under expect it to be collected.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Yeah, they're putting up gates here in the Pacific Northwest too. When I asked them why, the reason given was vandalism and budget cuts (mostly garbage dumpers & tree theives). You can get permits to use the area and in some cases I think they'll even unlock the gate for you.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
Yeah, they're putting up gates here in the Pacific Northwest too. When I asked them why, the reason given was vandalism and budget cuts (mostly garbage dumpers & tree theives). You can get permits to use the area and in some cases I think they'll even unlock the gate for you.

I am totally opposed to dumping on public land. Two miles from me there is a small parcel of BLM land. I used to go there to meditate and walk my dog and look at the Indian artifacts that are there. Fly by night tree trimmers have started using it as their private dumping ground. Now you can see pile after pile of tree trimmings and house and yard trash representing many tons. I always carry a digital camera and hope that someday I can bust some of these bastards who dump this # on public land. I wish I knew who to contact about the Indian artifacts, because I think that might be the key to getting more enforcement on the desert dumpers.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The local news media here actually video taped some rogue loggers cutting trees on public land. At up to a few thousand dollars a tree these guys can make alot of money in a short period of time.

I forgot to mention the people who steal plants too, some of them are so lazy they take them right off the hiking trails & ruin beautiful meadows. I wouldn't mind so much if they'd hike a few hundreds yards off the trail & do it where we don't have to look at it.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NuTroll
We owe a lot of people a lot of money, and some of that is collateral in the form of land. If our economy goes under expect it to be collected.

Still relevant today : as the debt soars, collateral is being put-up, and have heard that there is a plan for massive land transference, to the
supposed ' Stakeholders™ '

Handouts are never really free, there's always a string attached...

edit on 19-2-2021 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

I wonder if that's related to this... I seem to remember some fuss about a certain someone putting forth some legislation regarding national parks.

National Parks Could Become Privatized - Nat Geo Article

The Department of the Interior, which manages most federal land, had formed a committee of recreation industry representatives in 2017. In October 2019, the committee proposed privatizing campgrounds, limiting senior discounts, and adding expanded Wi-Fi, food trucks, and Amazon deliveries.

The cash-strapped National Park Service (NPS) is saddled with a nearly $12 billion maintenance backlog;

edit on 19-2-2021 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
In many forest the locked gates have a simple 4 number combo lock on the gates.

The combo is the last 4 numbers of the forest service district office phone number.

This is so that the local fire department can get through the gate.

I am not giving away secrets as the sierra club is given this number anytime they want it.

new topics

top topics

join