It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group challenges feds on medical pot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here is the article. I'm glad to see this happening. If alchohol is legal, pot should be too. It does ease pain. I severely broke my leg 3 years ago and the pain still persists, weed helps with the pain and helps me sleep at night. I believe they are worried about losing profits on black market sale so they need to keep the competition at bay. And on that note.. I'm off to go rip a tube

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yes, It should be legal...

I'm sure we will get flamed for saying that...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
“Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?” - Bill Hicks

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Not only should it be legal, it should be the american Tea Time. 2pm rolls around and a nice "Tea" break to reaquaint myself with the day would be great.

Until then, we all will have to risk jail time because of non-progressives.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
2PM?

Shouldn't it be 4:20PM?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I just came home from the grocer where there was a D.A.R.E. (anti-drug group) booth out front looking for donations. The fellow asked if I was ready to talk I said, "No, I think it should be legal," he just started laughing...

df1

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
I just came home from the grocer where there was a D.A.R.E. (anti-drug group) booth out front looking for donations. The fellow asked if I was ready to talk I said, "No, I think it should be legal," he just started laughing...

Neither DARE or MADD ever laugh when I pass by one of their booths in a shopping center. Perhaps its the fact that I make my points loudly and complain to the store managers about being harassed by these people. I totally resent these groups for having an agenda that diminishes the rights of everyone, not only those that drink or do drugs. Both these groups are political in nature, so your complaint to management should be made on this basis for the quickest results.

An individual should be able to purchase and ingest whatever substance they desire without any consequences from government. And random checkpoints have no place in a free society either.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by df1]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
2PM?

Shouldn't it be 4:20PM?

Yep you are right, but 2 is a great time, i think it should be changed....

I am already off of work at 420, so the afternoon refreshment factor is not there...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They don't want people to be able to treat themselves. They want you to buy their Valium, Xanax, Loratabs and Vicodin. Where do you think Bush got 80% of his campaign money from. Drug companies thats where!
Hell, Vioxx killed like 450,000 people and it still took forever to get it off the market. I saw somewhere Bush is trying to pass a bill to ban herbal drugs now.Why do you think he would do that? So drug companies don't miss out on any money. You know you can trust a drug company that spends more money on advertisement than on the actual drug testing

But marijuana is so bad! We must stop this horrible epidemic of drug users on pot.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well I'm glad to see that we are all in agreement!
So much for getting flamed! Hey, speaking of getting flamed.....I'll be back

new topics

top topics

join