It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woo Woo! Eat this Wii60 fanboys: Ps3's recent sales figures!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
wolfie its nice to see an OG(original gamester). the ps3 is deffinitly a nice system , but dont disgrace it sitting it next to a ps1 and ps2. im teasing you. peace

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yeah a OG, never thought of myself as an original gamer, but you are right cus I remember having a Vixen RAM expander cart for my Vic 20, wow I had 15 Mb at my fingertips lol

Wolfie

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Consumers bought 335,000 Wii consoles and 127,000 of Sony Corp.'s (SNE) PlayStation 3 consoles in February.

The (roughly) 3 to 1 ratio is intact in America. Wonder what's happening over seas what with all those shortages and all.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
As much as I like my regular xbox, I'll never buy the 360. Microsoft tanked us xbox users by not making anymore games for it. You have to buy the whole new system. What a joke.

[edit on 18-3-2007 by I See You]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
WII seems to be half way to catching the 360.

nexgenwars.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
As much as I like my regular xbox, I'll never buy the 360. Microsoft tanked us xbox users by not making anymore games for it. You have to buy the whole new system. What a joke.

Microsoft has no control over whether Developers support a system or not. The only thing they can do to ensure that is to sell lots of units, and XBox didn't even outsell Gamecube.
Anyone who was without a PS2 or a PC last generation got pwned in the sheer number of games that were out for both platforms.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Originally posted by I See You

Microsoft has no control over whether Developers support a system or not. The only thing they can do to ensure that is to sell lots of units, and XBox didn't even outsell Gamecube.

xbox outsold gameube by 2-3 million. granted, on a large scale it isn't much, but it still outperformed, if only by a smidgen.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I only trust Gamasutra for sales numbers. Regardless of exact numbers, I'm baffled at the author of this thread bragging about PS3 sales figures.. I'm actually not even sure how to respond to it..

Gamasutra NPD February

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Bah woke at 3am this morning, fully awake and no chance of nodding off again, anyhoos did a little surfing for teh latest PS3 news, cus mine is due to arrive in my grubby mitts this Friday.

It seems that most UK retailers are saying that the UK allocation of 200,000 units have all been pre-ordered, not a huge number but you need to know that Sony have released 1,000,000 units on the 23rd, for UK and Europe, Africa and Australia / New Zealand, would be nice to see just how many go on the first day.

Just watch in twelve months how the PS3 fares, I reckon Sony will have the market share once again.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You're ignoring history plain and simple. There is no way the PS3 is gonna win this round period. Why? It's quite simple. The best, most expensive console never wins. When the Sony cuts the price so will Microsoft and Nintendo ensuring that their products are cheaper.

Basically what the developers are gonna do is look at how many consoles have been sold in the first year and they will then put the most resources into the Console that has sold the most units. It's the reason why tons of great 360 games are coming out now, they sold through their threashold of 10 million and now developers are gonna start to put some serious resources into development for 3-4th generation games.

Remember the predictions that the Wii was gonna peter out and die after the New year?
Remember how they said the same thing about the DS:Lite last year?

Also, I still see Electronics Boutiques sold out of Wiis while the 360s and PS3's keep collecting dust. I tried to buy one for my cousin(i gots mine already) last week and they just laughed at me and told me to come back every sunday which is when they get shipments(which they then in turn sell out of in less than 24 hours). I think I'll try Best Buy, they seem to be overlooked far more frequently then EB.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I've seen PS3's in stock at every store I've been to. They're not selling. The fact that the Wii has sold 5 million in just a few months is astounding. That's half the X-box360 userbase. I think the public has spoken. 360 and Wii are the way to go. Did Sony actually think that we would all shell out $600 bucks to play video games??? I think not. Not when most of the cash is for their blu ray tech. Not needed. Too soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join