It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's: Shoot at them till we down one of them!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Feel we have the remains of a craft, and did not understand any technology at that time, thus the silence and massive coverup.
Feel any such craft has to be without living beings. Technology so advanced must be along the lines as we try to be, let the smart machines be in harms way. Can anyone feel there will be the need of a human pilot hundreds, or thousands of years from now??
Shooting down craft will get nothing to gain, feel the government is trying to understand what they have had for so long.
Feel these machines are us, time travelers to their past, or something so unusual that might be best to keep things quiet. The silly grays, or studly nordics, are romantic dreams. Life forms from another system just might be too much...

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lyingunderoath
Feel we have the remains of a craft, and did not understand any technology at that time, thus the silence and massive coverup....

Feel you might be right.

Feel like you want to chip in for some spare rounds so we can have sky coverage from all angles?

Feel's good to think about shooting more down, hey?

Right...

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Right...

Nope, we just need one- something we can drop off to Nick Pope or Steven Greer even. (hehe, at least that can be the public plan.) I see tezz has already sliced off his claim for safekeeping.

After it's over and the proof is acknowledged wordwide, we can all go back to doing what we normally do- being abducted, nasal reamed, etc. etc.

Except now we'll also have to pay the new UFO taxes to fund the Federal UFO Agency.

Right...

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Right...

Except now we'll also have to pay the new UFO taxes to fund the Federal UFO Agency.

Right...

How true. Any possible way that the government can find to tax us, they will.

I will refuse to pay an Anti-UFO Defence tax, no matter what!

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
You've been paying the tax already my friend

Some aspect of the work from NASA is military based already, and you get to pay the check.
That's the nice part for them, they can shove billions of $ into these projects, without any type of government oversight...
And worst, we have warmonging monkeys that wants all this...I'm not pointing to anyone in this thread...

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

How true. Any possible way that the government can find to tax us, they will.

I will refuse to pay an Anti-UFO Defence tax, no matter what!

HAHAH - hey, you know how they had the 'Boston Tea Party' here in the USA when we opposed the British taxes*?? Well, if there is a UFO Tax - perhaps we could have a world wide UFO Tea Party in protest!
"No Taxation without Representation!" we will shout as we keep shooting down the UFOs and then dumping them into the sea...

*Boston Tea Party
People dressed up like Native Americans and took over a ship importing tea and dumped it overboard in protest of British high taxes.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The chances of doing that are very slim!

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My reasoning for IF we are being visited and haven't had any formal revealing of UFO's yet is because as a race we are savages.

Doing what you suggest would only validate that point and even make matters worse.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
My reasoning for IF we are being visited and haven't had any formal revealing of UFO's yet is because as a race we are savages.

When was the last time you acted like a savage toward a fellow human being? Oh, the dude you taunted at the game because he liked the other team?

You want to know what savage is? Actions by governments and religious leaders against civilians. Friends among people. Enemies by government.

The savages truely are governments and religious leaders much moreso than the average person. And no wonder, seeing as just about everyone that rises to power has to be a savage more often than not. Savagery in partisanship, campaign, or simply military savagery and brutality to get to the top. Wanton killing for political agenda. That is savage. Core racial hatred killings. That is savage.

And look who the aliens chose to befriend. The savages. Not the people.

So I still say: shoot em any chance you get till we can drop one and prove the existense of ET's to the common man. Remember the deathbed testimony of Philip Corso Sr. to his son.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Sorry, but I don't feel this idea is worth my reading 7 full pages. Simple point...

Any species that can travel at near light speed, and beyond, is not going to be damaged by bullets.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The US can send men to the moon, but their soldiers are still dying from 100 year old bomb technology.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Getting still more velocity is not easy. Chemical propellants cannot push a bullet beyond the speed at which the detonation wave propagates through the explosive and into the surrounding gases. Worse, though there are high-speed explosives such as Primacord or some plastiques with detonation velocities above 20,000 fps, there are physical barriers to driving explosively propelled projectile that set in at around 6,000 fps. You can stuff in all the propellant you want, and you'll not exceed that velocity a whit.

99.9 * the speed of light = 2.99492666 × 10^10 m / s

So, about 6,000 ft per second vs. ^ = no damage to the UFO

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Yep, shoot them all! With whatever you got! Pistols, rifles... even RPG's?

Crossbows?

I don't care! The problem is, we've been putting up with them for ages. And they sit up there in their fancy little ships, spying down on us, abducting us, implanting strange devices in our nasal cavities, and causing more controversy than Dubya. It's time to lay this for rest, once and for all!

We wanna know! And if the governments can't come clean and clue us all in, then we have a right to find out on our own! So shoot em. Until someone gets lucky enough to put a bullet through just the right spot on one of those flying little anti-gravity buggers. Besides, it's prolly one of the cheap models, built by outsourced labor from the planet next door! (They have been studying the way we do things around here, right?) So that means they skimped on armour and electronics, leaving them open for a bullet up the ying yang.

Now, many of you are probably wondering: What if we accidentally killed one of them, and they got all pissed off? Well, run your ass off until you're out of range of their suction beams!

And if you manage to crash a ship, killing em all? Then just chalk it up to a scientific necessity to confirm that they do exist! Put it out of your head, go get your wheelbarrel, and cart em back to the shed. A few digital camera shots of that, and you can bet you'll keep the hardcore skeptics and debunkers at ATS busy for months!

Yup yup, shoot em all, cause we have a right to know! We didn't invite em here, so welcome to hell, ET.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by TrueAmerican]

True American - you have just proved to all non-americans why America is like it is!!!! full of it...

Nothing can change with an attitude like yours - is a pitty that this is now the case.

Good example of a human being...mmmmmm

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Valorian,

If it makes you feel any better, we're not all like that.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Valorian,

If it makes you feel any better, we're not all like that.

I know that ALL Americans are not that way inclined, BUT it makes me mad to hear a negative action being proposed rather than a positive action...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This is a joke...right?

If there are indeed spacecraft visiting us, isn’t that the LAST thing we should do?

That shoot first mentality just shows why they haven’t landed and made themselves known to the world.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Did anyone ever see that video of the beached whale carcass?

Someone got the bright idea that packing it full of dynamite and blowing it to pieces was the best idea.

And our space program itself deals only with focusing large explosions to get us into space.

We're also one of the only first world nations that still practices the death penalty.

It seems to me that a lot of people have this "shoot first ask questions later" idea. Maybe explosions and guns aren't the first answer to everything. Maybe taking some time, sitting down, and thinking things out would be a better idea.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Did anyone ever see that video of the beached whale carcass?

Someone got the bright idea that packing it full of dynamite and blowing it to pieces was the best idea.

And our space program itself deals only with focusing large explosions to get us into space.

We're also one of the only first world nations that still practices the death penalty.

It seems to me that a lot of people have this "shoot first ask questions later" idea. Maybe explosions and guns aren't the first answer to everything. Maybe taking some time, sitting down, and thinking things out would be a better idea.

Great reply Rasobasi420 - Rhode Island has been removed from General American sentiment....hehe

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

It seems to me that a lot of people have this "shoot first ask questions later" idea.

Actually, humanity has already asked all the questions for thousands of years. I just ain't got that long to wait. Glad you do. How many more flying piepans have got to hover over our cities before someone decides to taste roast reptilian?

Maybe explosions and guns aren't the first answer to everything. Maybe taking some time, sitting down, and thinking things out would be a better idea.

Well you keep on thinkin, I'll keep on drinkin. All you and yours thinking has got us is right back here talking about it. Yap yap yap. Phooey. We need proof! And people who read threads before yappin.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join