It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have we learned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
For those who were not here during Valhall's fema report, this thread, I just got back from a FEMA detainment camp, we learned the dangers of willingly trusting in being 'placed' in a camp. My question is what are the possible scenarios in going to a camp during a disaster. I myself know of many, but I figure a thread on this could prove helpful if faced with a choice of leaving to a camp or avoiding one.

You are in the aftermath of a storm where people are being rounded up to be diverted to safety. You know they are coming to your neighborhood, you can hear the sirens. You aren't injured and your family is with you. Do you load up and go with them or do you load up and avoid them?

According to Valhall's report, once rounded up you were separated into two camps male adult and women & children. If you were there, you would be relieved of supplies that could start a fight where you will be placed. You are not permitted to leave camp, and there are guards on the perimeter. Would you put your family in this position, or would you try to avoid the authorities and find your own way. If you run, you are considered possible trouble to the welfare of others. You risk being detained and at worst labelled a looter and arrested.

I think I would try it out on my own for as long as possible. If someone fell ill or injured, the camp may not be the worst thing to happen to you. I would try hard to keep free and make it to a safe zone, where I could then contact my own help. Fema stated that the strong rules were for eveyone's safety, and the media were not permitted inside for reasons I cannot remember. The worst reports were the lack of sanitary conditions where people got sick from the waste and lack of supplies to keep healthy. People died under their care due to inability to help everyone. Do you think you could fare better on the outside with your bob? If not, a dirty stadium crammed with strangers could be your fate. How do you get your child to the bathroom safely without getting everything stolen the minute you leave? How can you sleep not knowing the person 3 feet from you. Would you risk your life being on the run or risk it in a shelter.

I pose this question with the hope of educating others about what to expect when things go bad. If you haven't yet, I urge you to read the thread above for a sampling of history.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
no takers ehh?
well, consider this an official 'bump' before the thread dies a long death.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hard to imagine what would be going through my mind after a traumatic event that causes the authorities to declare it nescessary to round people up into camps.

I wold want to be free to do what i wanted. If it was a "you can come with us or stay here" choice, then i would probably stay. In the event that it was a come with us and dont ask questions scenario, and i had warning i would want to be free. However trying to escape and getting caught would be the worst possible scenario.

It would take something most people dont have to just get up and run from the authorities so most people would do as they were told and go along.

Considering the logistics aspect of rounding up millions of people at one time it is obviously not possible to round everyone up at one time. You could escape. But could your average member of the populationactualy go through with it and live with the risks?

Its a tough question but in the end everyone has to make their own mind up on how they would deal with it.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'd like to think I'd break away and form my own (small) group with people I trust, but it would really depend on the circumstances - what had happened for me to need to do it

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I was thinking natural disaster type scenario, like a bunch of tornadoes tore through your town and laid waste many areas. The threat of hurricane force winds was also a factor in the evacuation.

Personally, I'd strike out on my own and try for safety. If they got us at home, I'd grab my bob and family. I wouldn't be much protection for my family if I was arrested. I'd be sure to know the exits though.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
GET THE F**K OUTA AMERICA!!!

It'll be the 4th Reich, maybe within weeks. Get over the border to your Canadian neighbours. There's only 32m of us up here in the second largst country in the world... so you can easily hide in the woods in the Yukon or North West Territories if you have to.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I strongly suspect that when it hits the fan, a mass migration to Canada would be squashed by the Canadian border patrol. Would you want all of your American cousins dropping in for a spell?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It is a very hard choice, If one has the means and reasources to survive without looting, stealing or any outside help, by all means.

Bare in mind, that one is being put together with all kinds of people when placed in a camp, there maybe murderers, child rapist and other undesirable people amoungst them.

Even the guards may make take advantage of victims or turn a blind eye to a crime being commited.

One is at the mercy of everyone else in a camp, make sure you join the right crowd. Or do not go to these camps if there is no need to...

Sounds just like the environment in a prison... in a worst case scenario.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't even consider voluntarily relocating to any "camp". Once you're there you're subject to whatever "they" deem appropriate. I would much rather be on my own and free to make my own decisions.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
I strongly suspect that when it hits the fan, a mass migration to Canada would be squashed by the Canadian border patrol.

Do we even arm our guards...... Im pretty sure they were unarmed before... maybe not now.

I don't think we could stop anything.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My closest friends and family have actually planned for just such a scenario. Each household has a map of the surrounding Dallas/Fort Worth area. We've picked out a point in each cardinal direction that we could reasonably walk to within 2 days time encumbered by packs, and a little cache at that location, with batteries, walkie talkies, and a notepad.

That way we can all meet there, and if we have to abandon the post before the others arrive, we can leave a message. If we have to hide out nearby the post, we can leave one of the 2-ways there, and keep the other with us. It's not much, but it's a plan and a rally-point for us to meet up with our BOBs before heading on to the

From there we have two different semi-permanent relocation points within a week's travel on foot, where private farmed land is owned by two of our group. Thanks to the "Food Supply" thread, both locations will soon be stocked with heritage seeds, rather than the existing packets.

You never know. We might live our entire lives in this area and never once execute the "Alas, Babylon" Plan, but it's good to know that if it's ever needed, we won't be relying on any FEMA camps, or waiting on any rescue missions. I'm content to rebuild civilization starting from the farm and working upward if the one I'm living in comes to a halt.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Screw being rounded up by some government agency telling me what is best. I would evade, and survive. If it were a case of my home being totally destroyed and completely unihabitable then the woods I would run. It would have to be like prison in any situation like that, and that is not a place that I ever intend on being. It is a hard situtation though, if I didnt have my child and wife to worry about and some one came and tried to round me up, I have an AR and a couple thousand rounds of ammo I dont mind flinging their way. I know though without any doubt in my mind that a place like that would not be the best place for my wife and child to be. Just thinking about being in a situation like that pisses me off so bad I am seeing red right now. I get tired of big brother telling me what is best for my family. I would not under any circumstances go willingly with them in a situation like that, and I wouldnt allow my wife or child to be taken.

top topics

join