It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Aircraft @ Groom Lake?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I am very suprised that no one has been able to get more pics over the Groom Lake area. It would easily be able to get in and see what is there close up, even in the dark. I wont tell how it could be done so that the govt wont figure it out, but as soon as u hear it ull smake yourself for not thinking of it.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I am very suprised that no one has been able to get more pics over the Groom Lake area. It would easily be able to get in and see what is there close up, even in the dark. I wont tell how it could be done so that the govt wont figure it out, but as soon as u hear it ull smake yourself for not thinking of it.

Sounds like a good way to get yourself shot lol

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Any one with a couple of thousand dollars and some experience with electronics can do this, but I doubt that I will be shot because the Government would just dismiss me as someone whos got a cooked up scheme and an alien fanatic, which I am not

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
And a looooooooooooooooooooooot of more...

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Also someting from different point of view

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Isn't Red Flag going on at Nellis atm? Might explain the MiGs. Dunno bout the Flanker. Although might be scavenged tech, the US isn't above grabbing Russian technology for studying. I can already imagine the flak storm that's going to hit me for the last comment.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkpr0
Isn't Red Flag going on at Nellis atm? Might explain the MiGs. Dunno bout the Flanker. Although might be scavenged tech, the US isn't above grabbing Russian technology for studying.

Its well known that the AF has operated a RED HAT fleet at groom lake for decades. This consists of russian and other foreign jets that they have acquired. One of these was actually flown over by a defector but I cant remember his name.

The Red Hat planes dont fly in the Red Flag missions thought, they are used for strategic and tactical analysis. Theres quite alot of info about the Red Hats on the Roadrunners Internationale website.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
For the Google Earth watchers, here's the location of a MiG-21 parked on a target range in New Mexico.

33 31'16N by 106 12'14W

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Interesting, so what do they do with these planes in AREA 51?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yeah, the Mig's that the US "owns" and operates do not (to my knowledge) participate in Red Flag, though several years ago Luftwaffe Mig-29's came to Nellis. seeing as how Germany no longer operates the Mig-29 it's doubtful we'll see a Mig or Flanker there anytime soon.

Originally posted by Darkpr0
Although might be scavenged tech, the US isn't above grabbing Russian technology for studying.

It never hurts to "know" one's enemy, yes that still applies to today. Preferably though we'd rather have the tech flying so we can see what it's capable of.

One more thing, there are claims that the US also has Su-27(s) besides Mig-29's is that true?

[edit on 29-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
One more thing, there are claims that the US also has Su-27(s) besides Mig-29's is that true?

Horrible quality but the only I have.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Interesting, so what do they do with these planes in AREA 51?

As I said, they fly them and then make tactical and strategic evaluations of them.

Theres alot of reliable information here.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by matej

That picture looks like the mock up that is at Creech AFB.

Here is a picture that I took back in Oct 2005 while on a visitto Creech AFB

Also sat in both the Mig 29 and the Mig23 at the Threat Center at Nellis. They also have a Mig 21.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by ajsr71]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Mockup?!?!? Ouha. I was wondering about very narrow nose, but I thought that it was caused by picture blurring. Thanx for correction.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I first visited the Threat Training Facility (a.k.a. "The Petting Zoo") at Nellis in 1997. At that time I got to sit in the cockpits of the MiG-21, MiG-23, and Su-7B. I have been back a few times since the MiG-29 was put on display.

They also have a nice collection of helicopters, missiles, radar, tanks and other equipment.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Shadowhawk

I found the Mig 29 Cockpit quiet roomy but the Mig 23 a bit of a tight fit for me.

I'm 5-11 and weigh 15st

What was the SU-7 and Mig 21 like for you? are they about the same as the Mig 23?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The MiG-21 is pretty cramped. The pilot pretty much wears the airplane. The instrument panel has largely been re-labled in English, but most of the instruments are Russian (and one Chinese). The airplane spent much of its time in the TTF painted in a hideous black and green camouflage. It has finally been painted silver and looks very nice.

The Su-7B is one of the largest fighters I have ever seen. I found that you can stand up inside the fuselage (the engine was missing). The cockpit was comfortable, if not roomy (similar to the MiG-23). When I first saw it, the Su-7B was painted in desert camouflage with improbable Polish insignia. It has since been painted in Iraqi markings.

The MiG-23 used to wear its original East German camouflage (with all national insignia removed). It has since been painted in Iraqi markings and desert camo.

The MiG-17F (actually a Lim-5M) in front of the TTF is painted gray with North Vietnamese markings. Too bad they didn't leave it in the original Syrian scheme.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thanks for that info Shadowhawk Neat place the TTF

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by matej

Is that a f-5e tiger 2

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
No , its a mock up . If you look closly you can see the twin tails.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join