It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help with a dream..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I normally don't have any trouble deciphering my dreams but this latest one has me stumped.. In this dream, it's about midday and my husband and I are at home. I don't know where our son is, but he's not in the dream. I'm walking through the living room when someone knocks on the door. When I answer the door, two men I recognize push their way in and start attacking me. While I'm fending off knife and club attacks my husband goes outside to work on his truck like nothing's wrong. When I get to what seems to be the end of the dream with one of the men pinned on his back and me hitting him in the head with the club, the dream rewinds and starts over from the beginning. It rewound four or five times before I managed to get out of the house after hitting the man in the head with the club and ran to the police station where they gave me a key to an apartment I could stay in.

I have no clue what on earth this dream is supposed to mean. The two men who attacked me are guys I know in real life that I haven't seen in years. I can only remember the name of one of them, so I don't know why my mind decided to use their faces for my attackers. The knife was an ordinary switchblade knife with about a four inch blade, but the club (at least that's what I call it) looked like a miniature deformed baseball bat that was painted black. The club really stuck out in my dream, that's why I bothered to describe it I just don't know what it's suppose to mean.. Any one have any ideas?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Is it a recurring dream, or did you only have it once?

I think that you are the best judge of what your dreams mean, but I will take a stab at it...

The dream seems to be about something that is on your mind that is somewhat intimidating (but nothing you can't handle) that you will have to (and probably want to) face sometime in the future. Your subconcious doesn't think you will get any help with it (and doesn't expect it), but your subconcious also thinks you will be strong enough for it and take it on all by yourself, doing what it thinks is right. You can't be sure when it will happen.

/Puts down crystal ball

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I've only had it once so far, but the majority of the time I don't remember my dreams anymore so when I do remember one I take notice.

Your take on my dream is definitely plausible. I'm about to finish my degree and start searching for a new job, so it's definitely something intimidating that I want to do.

But I just keep coming back to that club.. I don't see where it fits into the rest of the dream...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You can't exclude the possibility that the dream does not really mean anything. Trying to make sense of what your sub-concious mind is throwing at you is often virtually impossible.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I second that Vlad. But anyway, this is fun so lets continue shall we, lol.

Was there any emotional response tied to the club then? Was it spooky, weird, did it make you mad?

I'm wondering what you felt about it in the dream, and since you remembered it so well, we can make some guesses from it's appearence.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I understand your point Vlad, but what I've noticed with my own dreams is the ones that I can still remember vividly after being awake for more than an hour are the ones that do have a meaning behind them. If the details had faded within an hour or so I wouldn't have given this one much thought, but it's been a few days now and I still remember most of the dream vividly.

In the dream I was a bit surprised to see that they had the club. I can't remember what I called it when I saw it, but I knew they weren't supposed to have it. It wasn't some super-secret thing or anything, it just wasn't something they should have had access to. I don't recall feeling anything else about it besides being surprised though.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hmm, I think the club is something important. It was strange that they had it, they were being careless maybe... You end up hitting them with it, you were provoked. It is saying that in this event, these people are trying to use a weapon against you that nobody really understands fully, but you understand it better than them and end up using it on them.

Call it judgement, intelligence, personality, whatever it could represent... That's the best I could do. I of course am thinking of a situation similar to looking for a job, some sort of worldly challenge that we get apprehensive about, but would rather take on than be scared of it. BTW, I am just out of college and looking for a job too lol.

Just take what I said with a grain of salt, but maybe it will help you like brainstorming would, I think if anyone figures out what it means it will be you.

top topics

join