It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GIs Wanted Mats, Got Insults Instead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

An American GI assigned to one of the harshest posts in Iraq had a simple request last week for a Wisconsin mattress company: send some floor mats to help ease the hardship of sleeping on the cold, bug-infested ground.

What he got, instead, was a swift kick from the company's Web site, which not only refused the request but added insult to injury with the admonition, "If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq." Read More

When I seen this my blood pressure shot up. This company will lose a lot of business over this, and I hope they do.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yup, I will boycott this company and hopefully others will as well.

Shows you how much the "faux patriot" anti-war left really cares about our troops. They dont, they piss on them and only claim to support them when it helps them politically. These people are traitors to our country.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Why would a GI have to go to a private company to get a sleeping mat.
The military dose'nt provide sleeping mats? If they can't provide something as simple as a sleeping mat something is very wrong. Just what are our tax dollars being spent on if the comfort of our military isn't taken into consideration.

This seems like transparent propaganda to discredit those that disagree with this war. Im calling BS on this one.

I don't support this war. I proudly served in the USAF. And I certainly don't appreciate being called a traitor.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is addressed to Whaaaa.....I work as a photojournalist and spent two months in Iraq covering the Marines and Soldiers who, yes, sleep on the ground quite often, especially in the outlying area's. Unless you've been there, and know what you're talking about...shut up.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyshouldI trustyou2619
This is addressed to Whaaaa.....I work as a photojournalist and spent two months in Iraq covering the Marines and Soldiers who, yes, sleep on the ground quite often, especially in the outlying area's. Unless you've been there, and know what you're talking about...shut up.

Chill out young fella, I don't think you read my post. I never questioned the fact that they sleep on the ground; just the need to buy sleeping mats from a private company. Just because I have never been to Iraq, doesn't mean I don't know what is happening over there as I have friends and relatives there, that communicate with me on an almost daily basis.

tell me, whyshouldI trustyou 2619?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Talk about adding insult to injury!

I'm not fan of the war myself, but I do support the troops. I'm sure they'd rather be at home with their families than fighting this thing out.

How could a company be so rash and rude?

It does not speak well of them at all. I certainly won't associate my business with them. Ever.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Funny, I just tried going to their site, and got the message,
"Discount-Mats.com is Experiencing Technical Difficulties...
If you are inquiring about your order, please contact us via phone or email.
Thank you for your understanding & patience."
Yet I dont see an e-mail posted, nor do I see a phone number. Maby this is their way of dodging flak. Typical.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Mats may be more useful in that terrain, far better than a sleeping bag even. They may even be lighter and can be used as camoflage as well.

new topics

top topics

join