It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Dismisses Felony Tax Prosecution in IRS 1040 Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I found this article search the net because of all the noise being made about the Ed Brown refusing to pay his Federal income tax.

This article is about IRS victim Robert Lawrence who won in Court on 1040 form.

IRS 1040 Checkmate in US Courts

DOJ Dismisses Felony Tax Prosecution
-- With Prejudice -- After PRA Defense Raised
On May 12, 2006 in Peoria, Illinois, the attorney for the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) begged the court to dismiss all charges against IRS victim Robert Lawrence in federal District Court.

The motion for dismissal came on the heels of a surprise tactic by Lawrence’s defense attorney Oscar Stilley.

The tactic threatened exposure of IRS’s on-going efforts to defraud the public. The move put DOJ attorneys in a state of panic that left them with only one alternative: beg for dismissal, with prejudice.

Stilley’s tactic paid off. Sixty days earlier, the DOJ had indicted Lawrence on three counts of willful failure to file a 1040 form, and three felony counts of income tax evasion. The federal Judge dismissed all charges with prejudice, meaning the DOJ cannot charge Lawrence with those crimes again.

Former IRS Agent also beat them in court he is the story and the Court files on his site.

John Banister Wins in Federal Court against IRS

[edit on 22-1-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Holy Crap!!

Does this set a precident? Can I now not pay federal taxes? How much do they owe me though the years? Now, ehich forms are the 1040s again?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I smell legislation coming from this cases against the IRS.

The federal government and the profit makers can lot let a profitable business like the IRS and the federal income tax go out of their control.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Holy Crap!!

Does this set a precident? Can I now not pay federal taxes? How much do they owe me though the years? Now, ehich forms are the 1040s again?

1) I believe yes it does set a precident.

People that are pro-active in this illegal tax issue should look into this case and every detail that it entails.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Has no one noticed the date of this report?

On May 12, 2006

If there were truely any substance to this report, don't you think that it would have been picked up by the news agencies as well as by many of the ambulance chasers, I mean lawyers, in the last 7 months?

There have been many misrepresentations of the various tax laws by the "We The People" web site. Examples are that the tax law was never ratified and thus is illegal, that there are many "funds" that you can join that are exempt by the IRS (this is true to an extent, there are funds that are exempt but they pre-date federal tax laws and no new ones can be created. The only way that you can get in on the dodge is to identify someone who is invested and is willing to seel theie shares).

I like the idea that this report takes as it is fairly unique in it's approach but I would definately get with a tax lawyer and validate the reprot before I decide not to file taxes because of the report!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Has no one noticed the date of this report?

On May 12, 2006

I like the idea that this report takes as it is fairly unique in it's approach but I would definately get with a tax lawyer and validate the reprot before I decide not to file taxes because of the report!

The only way to truly validate court records, because they are public is to use Pacer. All court cases in the USA are posted there.

Most tax lawyers won't have the balls to take the IRS head on, but some will. People should retain one that has a good track record and is tenacious.

US Court Cases and all Court Records, Motions, Judgements, etc.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by Realtruth]

new topics

top topics

join