It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Background Went Black Again Which is Horribly Difficult To Read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to turn it back to a light background?

The ATS webdesigners should REALLY consider redoing the background. Oh, it's cool and snappy looking and all... but white/colored lettering on a dark background has been shown to be harmful to your eyes over time. As an architect and designer I know this.

SHOW ME HOW TO TURN IT BACK PLEASE.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Patience.. Patience.

It is very simple. On the top left corner of every page you will see this:

If it says "Light", you are set to Dark. If it says "Dark", you are set to Light.

Just click it.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
In terms of screen ergonomics, the new Dark Matter style of off-white text on a dark-grey background is nothng strenuous on the eyes. It in fact has a very similar readability to white text on background (if not better due to the extreme contrast of colours in white on black).

Our stylesheet is not just a quick changeover, and the obvious but often overlooked option in web design of providing an alternative typography has not been overlooked on the best forums system on the web!

The Customize button is in the top-left corner.

Another interesting researched identifier from studies also shows a "shock" or "changeover" influence when a normal person is sprung upon with a differing stylesheet than what they are used to.

The change from one layout to another can create a psychological degration on the viewability which lasts for a differing period of time.

new topics

join