It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran and Prince Harry.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
First off let me state that this is by no means based on anything other than surmise and simple pondering so let's not jump guns here.

I had this thought as soon as I was told that Prince Harry had decided to join the war in Iraq; what if during his stay it was found out that Iranians had targeted him or had even been responsible for his death were it to occur. How would the world react? Could the British be convinced to provide many more troops and give more justification for the U.S to exercise more overt military operations on and in Iran?

I'm not trying to predict anything, simple pondering the sort of ramifications his death would have.

Luxifero

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
hmmm
that would be a bad idea
we kicked the argentinians off the falklands for daring to step foot on them
if the Iranians were to kill a prince of the realm I imagine it would be a decision left to HM armed forces to decide how to retaliate

bear in mind that HM is his grandmother
what was yours do if the Iranians killed you and your granny had nukes
any iranian not wearing 1,000,000 factor sunblock is going to have a really bad day

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
An interesting question Luxifero.

Should (and it is a big SHOULD) this happen, it could to used as a rallying call to justfiy UK involement in any action against Iran, if it was left to the Government to action.

As for what the UK military might want to do, and the military swear an oath to the Queen, and not the Government or country.

If they were given a free hand (highly unlikely as the Government would get in the way), I think they would ensure that Iran was made fully aware of the implications of this death. Targeted military strikes to undermine the Iranian Government, embargo of any shipments of Oil, tankers stopped. (We still have a decent Navy today).

Of course, little of this would be done with out the assitance from the US military.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I dont understand how Iran could have a hand in killing him. As I see it Iran aren't involved in the war in Iraq except their role as vocal bystander.

But assuming that they did, the armed forces may swear alliegance to the queen but as far as I know she has never made any specific orders. They might be her majestys armed forces but I cant see her poking her nose in and ordering an all out war with Iran. I also dont see what the comparison one poster made to the Falklands had to do with anything.

Finally, Harry signed into the army and therefore his death is a possiblity. He shouldn't be offered special protection and therefore I think IF iran managed to somehow kill him, it could easily be blamed on iraqi guerillas.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The Queen has absolutely no say with who or why we go to war. People in England will quite simply not put up with this - we aren't ruled by a monarchy any longer. You can't start letting of nukes in the Middle East, there is a specific reason for all the conflict in the region - oil. You can't drill for oil on a nucleur wasteland. Prince Harry isn't going to be anywhere near the front line or near any possibility of death, he will sit in the middle of the Green Zone and be one of the first to leave when and if trouble begins.

Do you really believe the Uk has the funds and power to take on Iran? We are the prefered marionettes of the U.S foreign policy.

new topics

top topics

join