It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbis Throw Book at Jimmy Carter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well It looks like if anyone speaks out against Israel they will pay for it, dearly. It is there choice to do what they are doing. Is what Jimmy Carter wrote so bad? I don't really know has anyone read it?

Thanks RT

New York Daily News

Rabbis throw book at Jimmy

Clergy nix Carter center trip over Israel tome

BY OWEN MORITZ
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Outraged by Jimmy Carter's controversial new book, the nation's largest organization of rabbis yesterday pulled out of a planned visit to the former President's human rights center in Atlanta.

The Central Conference of American Rabbis, representing nearly 2,000 Reform rabbis, said it was protesting Carter's latest book, "Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid," which many say unfairly criticizes Israel.

The announcement came just hours after 14 members of an advisory board to the Carter Center also quit in protest over the book.

[edit on 13-1-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I haven't read it. Don't plan on. The Rabbis point is interesting though.
They are sayng that the book basically alleges that there is a jewish conspiracy to prevent peace and prosperity from occuring in the middle east and palestine.

No at all unusual that they'd be 'testy' about that, since people've tried to exterminate them while screaming that same allegation.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I don't know. I didn't read it.

But I have read jimmy carter and followed him these last few years.

He seems more relevant now then he ever did for most of my life. I spent most of my life despising him as president. But, the last couple years I have really embraced the things he's said - as a former president.

That weight is worth gold on the stage.

I believe anything jimmy carter is saying now is straight up truth - as he sees it. And how many people have such a window as his to look through?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Realtruth,

I have it but I haven't read it yet. I have a backlog of books to read. I think ATS has a board for book reviews, should I post something there when I finish it?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
Realtruth,

I have it but I haven't read it yet. I have a backlog of books to read. I think ATS has a board for book reviews, should I post something there when I finish it?

HarlemHottie,

Please would you. I would love to hear a good review. I was never a big Carter fan, but what that man has accomplished in the past 15 years is trully amazing. I think he is a very good person and one that cares about all people, so I just can't believe it when people are writing negative things about him.

Warmest Regards,

RT

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
In my time -from Eisenhover on- US only had two presidents with a good heart. In my opinion.

JFK and Jimmy Carter.

I would like to think the same about Clinton, but I don't know.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Jimmy Carter had a standing ovation after a speech at a Jewish University.

abcnews.go.com...

In his speech, Carter said: "Israel will never find peace until it is willing to withdraw from the terrorities, and permit the Palestinians to exercise their basic human rights. The current policy is leading to an immoral outcome that is undermining Israel's standing in the world."

Carter received standing ovations at the beginning and end of his remarks.

top topics

join