It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m coming clean on Extraterrestrials

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
They do exist!

Well, not like in the movies, they don’t follow proper protocol and physically land in your backyard and say “take me to your leader”.

We humans are unique and come with different expectations on what is suitable evidence, anyway some of us want to believe and some would rather remain in the safety of our cultural bubble. The vast majority in fact will remain asleep to reality and continue to live in the illusions crafted for us by religions, scientists, and politicians---to each his or her own.

There are those that know something is going on because they have experienced alien contact on one level or other and they want to know more. Unfortunately it’s from this group that come the worst kind of skeptics; demanding proof, they want to be able to kick the tires and take a test drive in an alien ship before they invest any more of their emotions into the belief of ET.

Then there are the primadonnas, they are far too intelligent and important to fall for such rubbish as aliens from space. For them extraterrestrial existence implies the inferiority of humans, and that is not acceptable for them.

For some the real conundrum is why contactees are not on the same page with their stories? Reasonable inquiry

But it’s also fair to ask why aren’t scientists, theologians, politicians and countries on the same page concerning their perspective beliefs, fields of expertise, or sovereignty issues?

Perhaps the question should be why are there billions of diverse life forms on planet earth---bacteria, plant, animal, insect and the new one on the block nano technology?

If our planet is so mind boggling varied in ideas and life forms how much more so the infinite universe we live in?

Earth is being visited by many extraterrestrial entities that are also not on the same page with each other, let alone with humans, therefore conflicting accounts with contactees are the norm not the exception.

I have a blog under construction from where I will share a sample of my extraterrestrial experiences; for some my stories will be nothing but delusional leaps of fantasy, for others perhaps a bit of an eye opener of what is out there in the billions of star systems, which are astonishingly similar to our own, yet some incredibly and vastly more advanced.

P.S. There is talk about splitting the UFO board into scientific and fanciful story telling sections. Since scientific implies theoretical this thread of mine and my blog squarely belong in the other board should one be created, because there is no theoretical to extraterrestrial visitations nor to any of my experiences---

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
are these just thoughts? with some conspiracy there's smoke but I don't even see smoke for ET's. That is unless the only smoke we have is Roswell. I want to believe!

JSR

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
and the new one on the block nano technology?

i thought nano tech. is man made?
am i wrong?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

it’s from this group that come the worst kind of skeptics; demanding proof, they want to be able to kick the tires and take a test drive in an alien ship before they invest any more of their emotions into the belief of ET.

The problem w/ this whole thing is that anyone can claim anything, with near impunity, on the internet. Regardless of if the claim is even true or not, if they claim something and it goes well, they feel validated. If their posts are over run w/ people who don't believe them, they can just fade away and reregister under another name in a month or so.

That is the problem.

The solution is that we, as an internet community, police ourselves to a higher degree than even the normal public would. That way, if WE believe, and can justify it relatively well, than it might begin to convince a broader group of non-believers or on-the-fence people.

To do so, we need to ask for proof. Something. Anything. Something other than a poster's word. Many of the claims here could be relatively easy to prove, if they were real. Unfortunately, most of those posters are probably frauds, and i'm sure you've seen plenty of them too.

Your case is more difficult. If your experiences could be categorized as "ongoing", then maybe it could be validated. If not, then we can't. However, don't automatically write off the skeptics, they do serve a valuable purpose in a world where anyone can claim anything.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
are these just thoughts? with some conspiracy there's smoke but I don't even see smoke for ET's. That is unless the only smoke we have is Roswell. I want to believe!

I’m not blowing smoke for the simple reason that where there is smoke there are firefighters to put it out before anyone discovers the fire.

I’m telling my story and will be allowed to tell some of it as long as I keep with the no smoking rules---

There are lots of hints dropped in my stories and those of other contactees, but for now no fire, no proof, and no smoking---maybe Pelosi is an extraterrestrial---

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

They do exist!

Forgive me for not taking your word on it.

We humans are unique and come with different expectations on what is suitable evidence, anyway some of us want to believe and some would rather remain in the safety of our cultural bubble. [/qute]

Wow. So either you beleive in aliens, even without reason, or you are just some close minded fool who can't think for himself eh?

There are those that know something is going on because they have experienced alien contact on one level or other and they want to know more. Unfortunately it’s from this group that come the worst kind of skeptics; demanding proof, they want to be able to kick the tires and take a test drive in an alien ship before they invest any more of their emotions into the belief of ET.

People who've had alien contact, but still don't beleive it? Who are you talking about????

For them extraterrestrial existence implies the inferiority of humans, and that is not acceptable for them.

And who has said this? That aliens must not exist, because it'd mean humans aren't special????

If our planet is so mind boggling varied in ideas and life forms how much more so the infinite universe we live in?

What does a person's answer to that question have to do with the existence of evidence for alien life or even alien contact with humans??? Scientifically, there's nothing standing in the way of extraterrestrial life. Indeed, it seems reasonable, given the evidence, to accept that life does exist elsewhere in the universe. As far as the issue of 'intelligence', we don't even understand human intelligence all that well, and to say the least its a product of specific series of evolutionary events. We can no more expect life on other planets to be intelligent, in the way that humans recognize intelligence, than to expect that they have 'eyes', organs that process a very narrow band of electromagnetic radiation emited from stars, into visual 'images'.

I have a blog under construction from where I will share a sample of my extraterrestrial experiences; for some my stories will be nothing but delusional leaps of fantasy, for others perhaps a bit of an eye opener of what is out there in the billions of star systems, which are astonishingly similar to our own, yet some incredibly and vastly more advanced.

If they'd be considered delusions to some people, then that seems to imply that you have no evidence, of any kind, to back them up.

So why should anyone beleive stories that you are telling, without anything in the way of evidence to back them up? Regardless of how they feel about extraterrestrial life?

P.S. There is talk about splitting the UFO board into scientific and fanciful story telling sections. Since scientific implies theoretical this thread of mine and my blog squarely belong in the other board should one be created, because there is no theoretical to extraterrestrial visitations nor to any of my experiences---

So, again, they're just ideas that you've come up with, one way or another.

And I don't recall there being any talk amoung board administration to divide the UFO forum up into peices.

I’m telling my story and will be allowed to tell some of it as long as I keep with the no smoking rules

So, for clarity and the record, you're going to be telling stories on your blog and here about alien contact. They could be real. They could be fictional. They could be delusions. They could be factual. We won't have anything to help us determine if they are, either way.

JSR

Nannotechnology is designing molecules for specific functions, such as creating molecular 'engines' or molecular wires that can transmit current, or thin-films that can perform any number of fucntions.

They're not 'alive' so I don't think nannotechnology can generally be considered a type of life-form.

Man has created life, the university at Stonybrook in the US took a collection of raw, non-living chemicals, and, using the polio virus as a blueprint, assembled a poliovirus. It functioned like any other virus when they were completed. So, and of course this depends on whether you accept virsuses as alive or not, there are then man-made lifeforms out there. Neverminding, of course, genetically engineered organisms.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The problem for me is the fact that many people lies, a majority off us does it sometimes for conveniant reasons. Some people do it for attention however, especially in this field.

How can one tell if another is telling the truth or not based on there word, when you dont even know them and it is on the internet for that matter? I'm not saying you're lieng (or telling the truth) but people seems to get mad when others who doesnt even know them asks for some sort of proof.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSR

am i wrong?

Nano is ET technology. Humans went from horse draw carriages at the turn of the twenty century to cars and air travel within that same decade. While humans took bows and accepted awards for their ingenuity ETs were in the backroom doing most of the work and getting none of the credit. Nothing has changed.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I have a blog under construction from where I will share a sample of my extraterrestrial experiences

Well you know I'll read it.
Whatever attracts those little buggers, I don't have it. Of course, my folks used to tie a porkchop around my neck so the dog would play with me, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Originally posted by Nygdan
Man has created life, the university at Stonybrook in the US took a collection of raw, non-living chemicals, and, using the polio virus as a blueprint, assembled a poliovirus.

Leave it to Man. We can never have enough naturally occurring polio.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hi Sleeper,

I stopped reading after this:

We humans are unique and come with different expectations on what is suitable evidence, anyway some of us want to believe and some would rather remain in the safety of our cultural bubble. The vast majority in fact will remain asleep to reality and continue to live in the illusions crafted for us by religions, scientists, and politicians---to each his or her own.

When this is presented I call bullshyte. Nail the critics/skeptics before you even get out of starting gate.

tactic. Basic psychology. In sales it's called "The Set Up"...It's getting really amusing how often it's used and abused.

*yawn*...blah blah blah more "truths" and personal feelings and opinion with no backing.

Sorry, but I'm just tossing that out there. I urge anyone to look into the tactic...get to know it and learn to recognize it and then...pass by posts that start out like this one.

Just a public service announcement.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
sleeper, but where there are firefighters there are also preachers and truth seekers. don't let one kind taint the rest.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hi Sleeper.

They do exist!

You keep saying, i believe too.
Apart from your "experinces" do you have anything else that might back this up?

We humans are unique and come with different expectations on what is suitable evidence.

But the general consensus is a picture, a video, an object, artifact, even sightings come with something to follow up, so that's why i believe some threads should be classed as skunk works, its where wild conspiracies go, and leave the Alien/UFO thread for something backed up by "material".

For some the real conundrum is why contactees are not on the same page with their stories? Reasonable inquiry

Because people like to talk about their own experience's, like you.

Earth is being visited by many extraterrestrial entities that are also not on the same page with each other, let alone with humans, therefore conflicting accounts with contactees are the norm not the exception.

I just have to take your word for it?

I dont have a problem with that, just why does this need to be in Alien/UFO topic?
Even if, it is a eye opener, its just your opinion backed up with nothing.....

There is one already created, Skunk Works...

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts
The problem w/ this whole thing is that anyone can claim anything, with near impunity, on the internet. Regardless of if the claim is even true or not, if they claim something and it goes well

Let people claim away, and then let the chips fall were they may. One hundred percent of what we humans believe as real is perception.

Most chose to remain in the illusions they were thought at school and in churches---nothing wrong with that.

For those wanting reality they will have to take a chance and push that envelope with their minds first---everything else comes later.

Or they can remain safe in their core delusion----nothing wrong with that.

The solution is that we, as an internet community, police ourselves to a higher degree than even the normal public would. That way, if WE believe, and can justify it relatively well, than it might begin to convince a broader group of non-believers or on-the-fence people.

I fully agree, just don’t throw the baby out with the bath water---and that is the trick.

To do so, we need to ask for proof. Something. Anything. Something other than a poster's word. Many of the claims here could be relatively easy to prove, if they were real. Unfortunately, most of those posters are probably frauds, and i'm sure you've seen plenty of them too.

Even scientist have problems with the proof thing, that’s why they are full of theory---to put it nicely---

However, don't automatically write off the skeptics, they do serve a valuable purpose in a world where anyone can claim anything.

There are skeptics and then there are firefighters only interested in putting out the smoke before anyone can see the fire.---believe me its not easy sneaking information out in a world preoccupied with keeping the masses fast asleep.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Sleeper.

believe me its not easy sneaking information out in a world preoccupied with keeping the masses fast asleep.

Your on ATS!!!!!

What?.....

That's what this site is for, no one is stopping you, its either believe me or your part of the problem with you......

Deny Ignorance people....

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
well i dunno about you (man who made comment above), but ever since ive signed up for this website ive read most threads, & the only one i really stuck by was sleepers. he makes alot of sense, & i believe what he says. but ive seen two ufos in my life, so no hes not the reason i believe.
to sleeper: please dont stop writing.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by beefstoogh]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beefstoogh
well i dunno about you (man who made comment above), but ever since ive signed up for this website ive read most threads, & the only one i really stuck by was sleepers. he makes alot of sense, & i believe what he says. but ive seen two ufos in my life, so no hes not the reason i believe.
to sleeper: please dont stop writing.

Hey, i don't want him to stop writing.....
Just think the UFO topic should be taken more seriously, and if things like these were in their respectful topic, it would be better, just my opinion.

I would never want to stop someone writing.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I definately beleive, but i've read enough scifi in my day, i'm interested in the real world. I require proof because it seperates the men from the whackos. You remind me of probedbygreys. "You are all ignorant and live in an illusion coz I said so. Iknow, I'm outa the Matrix MAAAANNNN".

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLightBringer
I require proof because it separates the men from the whackos.

That's the problem, there is no proof, nothing definitive as yet, debatable.
Possible evidence is all we have.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Let's suppose that there are no ETs who are helping to guide us here on Earth. Suppose sleeper is making this up... the worst result of his actions would be what... to appear crazy and to give people false hope?

Now consider that what sleeper says is true... that there are indeed ETs who are omnipresent, but have a prime directive not to interfere with our lives except under special conditions. What would be the worst result of skeptics/debunkers actions? To deny and ridicule someone who is trying to make people aware of the single most incredible phenomenon in the history of mankind.

Oh yea...here's your proof:
In July 1952, UFOs repeatedly paraded across the sky right over the White House, in front of god and everybody, displaying their technological superiority. As a matter of fact, this happened twice over a two week period. There were thousands of witnesses in and around the District of Colombia. This event was even photographed by reporters. The story made the front page of The Washington Post, The New York Times, et al.

If you don't believe it, do the research.

(edited to correct a typing error)

[edit on 1/12/2007 by HaveSeen4Myself]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveSeen4Myself

Oh yea...here's your proof:
In July 1952, UFOs repeatedly paraded across the sky right over the White House, in front of god and everybody, displaying their technological superiority. As a matter of fact, this happened twice over a two week period. There were thousands of witnesses in and around the District of Colombia. This event was photographed by reporters. The story made the front page of The Wahsington Post, The New York Times, et al.

If you don't believe it, do the research.

Is that refered to me?

That is one of the best known cases, but it isnt proof.
Sleeper might be right...he might not be.
Im not a skeptic, im a believer, but i need more than just words, and a good story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join