It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Diabetes Cure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I apologize if this has already been discussed.

If any of you out there are diabetics, you should find this to be an interesting article.

In a discovery that has stunned even those behind it, scientists at a Toronto hospital say they have proof the body's nervous system helps trigger diabetes, opening the door to a potential near-cure of the disease that affects millions of Canadians.

Diabetes Breakthrough

Sounds promising doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Thank you LS for that article! My SO is type 1 and any hope is very much appreciated.

We hope this is a true breakthru and that the treatment will be approved in time for her to benifit.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yeah, I just recently found out I was type one. Actually about a week ago...

I have been looking stuff up online and adjusting to the strict diet and injections for the past week. The one thing I am glad for, is that I got to live a normal life for almost 30 years before it happened to me. I can't imagine having to grow up with this burden.

I hope this isn't hype... or that the big pharmy companies don't try to bury it. i mean come on... Diabetes is a huge money pit for these companies.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Thank you LS for that article! My SO is type 1 and any hope is very much appreciated.

We hope this is a true breakthru and that the treatment will be approved in time for her to benifit.

i read the below article about drinking electrolysed water which caused remission for diabetics....

its very low cost do-it-yourself...

without any risk....

perhaps you should try and see if it works for you..............

but u must report back either way...

also the guy below

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum

i read the below article about drinking electrolysed water which caused remission for diabetics....

Could you post a link to this article? I would like to read up on it. I'll do a google and look for something now.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I had a cab driver in Houston years ago tell me about his Grandmother curing his diabetes by giving him a teaspoon of ground cinnamon every morning. I tried it & quit drinking alcohol, switching to sugar free energy drinks. I tapered off Glucophage oral medication as my sugar did indeed start to stabilize. Presently I have dropped about 20 lbs and no longer take any medication. Worked for me.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

Could you post a link to this article? I would like to read up on it. I'll do a google and look for something now.

just type electrolysed water diabetes in google and you will see a number of articles.

its seems low risk to try ....

and you should try the cinamon cure below/above as well but MUST PROMISE TO REPORT BACK as so many people are selfish with a " i am alrght jack now so f*** off".

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Looks like I'm going to try some cinnamon in my diet. It sounds like it would work great for type 2 diabetics. I'll still need insulin as a type 1 but this can't hurt.

I have recently discovered that Arnica 30c taken in the Split Dose twice daily can even replace the standard tablets that are prescribed for Diabetics especially if they use this remedy together with the Cinnamon which should not exceed 1/2 teaspoonful per day divided into 2 doses which can be mixed in food.

Cinnamon

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Looks like I'm going to try some cinnamon in my diet. It sounds like it would work great for type 2 diabetics. I'll still need insulin as a type 1 but this can't hurt.

I have recently discovered that Arnica 30c taken in the Split Dose twice daily can even replace the standard tablets that are prescribed for Diabetics especially if they use this remedy together with the Cinnamon which should not exceed 1/2 teaspoonful per day divided into 2 doses which can be mixed in food.

Cinnamon

Could you post back the results of your cinnamon intake?

Its important for other diabetics.

No i am not diabetic...yet....

[edit on 25-1-2007 by esecallum]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Could you post back the results of your cinnamon intake?

Honestly... It's hard for me to say right now. I have been putting a half teaspoon of cinnamon in my oatmeal every morning. I guess I have noticed that my blood sugar used to be a bit high early in the morning after a hard nights sleep. But after trying the cinnamon thing my sugar levels are actually a bit low in the mornings.

It's just hard to give full credit to just eating cinnamon. Because it could be any number of things. I just got diagnosed with diabetes and have been adjusting my diet and exercise regimen the whole time.

Whatever I am doing seems to be working though.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
i dont know if anyone here is still involved in this thread since it has been a few years since the last post i was wondering if anything worked? i have been a type1 diabetic for 7 years now and i cannot afford my medication anymore...i have been going days without insulin and causing incredible damage to my body...if any of the cinnamon tricks worked please let me know, thanks!

top topics

join