It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exit Strategy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
1. Regime change- yes

2. Elected a new regime- yes

3. Mission Accomplished- kind of

4. let's get the hell out.

Simple! I'm surprised Bush hasn't thought of it himself.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by polanksi]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Polanksi, this assumes that regime change and new regime was the end game.

Me, I think this is just the first stage and the strategy is ongoing to impose US influence in the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yeah I thought oil might have something to do with it. But because that was never aknowledged by the Admin why is everyone willing to just let them get away with their deception?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted by polanksi

1. Regime change- ye 2. Elected a new regime- yes 3. Mission Accomplished- kind of 4. let's get the hell out. I'm surprised Bush hasn't thought of it. [Edited by Don W]

OK, here's my recommendation: Issue a travel voucher to each US serviceman or woman, for a one way ticket from Baghdad Airport to NYC, Chgo or SF. Let each man make his own reservations!

We'd be outta there in 3-4 days, like in Denver. The equipment is worn out so let's leave keys in the ignition and walk away.

[edit on 1/7/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Can we win in Iraq? Sending 20,000 more troops won't help(escalation) We need to exit post haste. Have that many people forgotten Vietnam? We just normalized relation with Vietnam, thirty + years after the conflict. If we leave now we'll have something to look forward to in 30 years.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

posted by polanksi

Can we win in Iraq? Have that many people forgotten Vietnam? We just normalized relation with Vietnam, thirty + years after the conflict. If we leave now we'll have something to look forward to in 30 years. [Edited by Don W]

Words of Wisdom!

Assuming our people in W-DC also know this then why can't we do it? What reason do they offer that sounds valid?

I refer you to the Hippocratic Oath: “Physician, do thy patient no harm.”

If staying longer offers no genuine prospect of improving condtions in Iraq (or Afghan) then when do we leave? To paraphrase Sen. McCain, "Go big, go long, or go home."

[edit on 1/8/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I quess we'll find out tonight about Bush's plan for a 'surge' sic escalation
in Iraq. It makes no sense but it may give a preview of how the 'new boss'(congress) is going to handle the lame duck. If they go along then it's over. Time to buy a rifle and hunker down.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The USA isn't going to be leaving Iraq for a long time. Something else will happen one day and take the public's attention away from it. Like say an invasion of yet another country. People seem to have forgotten about Afghanistan these days. The same would happen to Iraq if another invasion were to take place.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Let Iraqis know we are leaving.

Allow Iraqis who want to Leave Iraq, to do so under American Protection during our pullout.

If Iraqis want to stay and fight, then let their woman Children be removed from the cities and battlefields to Refugee areas protected by the US and her allies.

Until one of the religious factions decides they can live with the other and be accepting, there will be civil war. Pretty Simple.

When the civil war ends, they can go home.

America risks losing Iraq as a stronghold, as well as our investments, but it sends a message to the Iraqi people that we want it to be their country.
Whatever they make, we support. Its their way..not Americas way.

If its a civil war, then so be it. Let an eye take an eye, and a tooth take a tooth.

Until Muslims can demonstrate that they can live in Unity, its a lost cause.

Have America put her guns down, and prepare for massive humanitarian support.

Go back to Diplomacy. The Government that Iraq installs, can work with us to help the people.

Its clear we cant do it...so lets let them do it. We made a mess over their, the best we can do is assist them in the rebuild, even if it doenst involve American businesses...

Its really the only way...anything else, well...Around and round we go.

Let the fighters fight...and the people of peace leave.

The Real Reason the US cant leave Iraq, is our Governments worry of protection of US interests. If we had no interests, no problem.

Welcome to Greed. Are you willing to die for Corporations?

If you served God..this isnt an issue If you serve money, its a never ending problem.

Man cannot serve both God and Money...

Its your choice.

Whats that? " In God we Trust "?

Well then...Trust in Gods way. Peace and helping your fellow man.

Not with Guns and Missiles, but with Food, housing, and obtaining happiness.

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hi Fi couldn't agree more. If all the money that was funneled into war was put to good use we could have a virtual heaven on earth, but greed and avarice seem to be winning out. That why I think we need to leave Iraq now. There are plenty of bigger problems in the world we could be trying to solve.

top topics

join