It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another South African meteor strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
www.news24.com...

If this is genuine, and i see no reason for it not to be, then it seems that south africa is getting its fair share of the meteor strikes at the minute...

Now you all know that i look to the bleaker side of life, but i cannot help wondering if there is some lurker coming our way and we are all happily unawares !

After the grand canaria massive fire ball (from south to north lasting over a minute) the other night, now this impact, I just wonder whats coming out of the blind spot.

(The canaries sighting was a high altiude grazer, ie very edge of the atmosphere stuff. It was buy all accounts a huge piece of rock, as it caused many hundreds to ring emergency services to say a plane was crashing)

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I read the link and it is talking about a UFO, not a Meteor! I cant help but find the whole artical funny... its like its been written by a child... Can anybody verify if its an unreliable source? seems like it to me...

Anyway... you do not get Meteor cluster strikes over a period of days (unlike the film armegedon) because the earth is constantly moving around the sun...

Lets call the position, that the earth is currently in, position X... if you had a stream of meteors (let say lots of little rocks followed by a big rock a few days apart) and the small rocks impact the earth at position X, by the time the big rock reaches position X the earth would have moved out of the way.

The only time you get multiple hits is when the rocks are clustered very close together and the strikes happen in minutes and hours rather then days.

This thread should really be in the UFO section... i think

[edit on 8-1-2007 by undercoverchef]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

its like its been written by a child... Can anybody verify if its an unreliable source?

Er... ok humble apologies... It seems to be a reliable source and i think ive been a little harsh with the "written by a child" comment. Guess its my own prejudice towards anything UFO... which i know is wrong (should always keep an open mind)

The rest of what i said i stick to though... unless anyone proves otherwise hehe

join