It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: GOLF: Earl Woods, father of Tiger Woods, dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I would like to offer whatever condolances I can to the family of Earl and Tiger, who is IMO the greatest golfer in history.

Yahoo Sports Link

Earl Woods, who was more determined to raise a good son than a great golfer and became the architect and driving force behind Tiger Woods' phenomenal career, died Wednesday morning at his home in Cypress, Calif. He was 74.

"My dad was my best friend and greatest role model, and I will miss him deeply," Tiger Woods said on his Web site. "I'm overwhelmed when I think of all of the great things he accomplished in his life. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband and friend. I wouldn't be where I am today without him, and I'm honored to continue his legacy of sharing and caring."

A habitual smoker who had heart bypass surgery in 1986, Woods was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1998 and was treated with radiation. But the cancer returned in 2004 and spread throughout his body.

TRD

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A sad loss for the Woods family.

But when he was ill before it affected Tigers golf pretty badly, i wonder how this will affect him now or will it just spur him on?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Very sad, I don't know much about the man but from everything i've heard he was the inspiration for Tiger to become the golfer he is. Earl was also a Catcher in college baseball for a team (which slips my mind at the moment) in the then Big 8. Certainly a good man has passed and the world will be a lesser place without him. My condolences to the Woods family.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yeah that's sad.

Tiger's Dad as Aegis said was his inspiration.

I think it could affect tiger's game negatively.

But hopefully no.

When Brett Favre lost his dad it just spurred him to play one of the best games he has ever played.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Worrying about a sick family member is much more difficult and taxing than when someone passes away. The uncertainty of illness is painful. Once someone does pass away, the healing can truly begin. This doesn't mean you can always recover from the loss. Can Tiger heal after this? That is to be determined. But I don't think someone who can focus and handle the pressure like he has in the past will stumble here.

new topics

top topics

join