It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USB Controllers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Okay, so I got 2 playstation controllers and a USB adapter to use them on my computer. Seems to work great, however, if I plug in the second controller, it works for a few minutes, then both the controllers stop working. I did some research and found quite a few people with the same problem. These people came to the conclusion that the adapter was sucking too much power and stoped working. Okay, so what good is this 2player adapter if I can only use 1 controller at a time. I have a good power suply, but it seems my hardware may be faulty. The adapter is called a "Super box 4". Anyone have any experiance with this? Thanks in advance!

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I suggest using an external USB Hub which has its own power supply. Or maybe even two USB Hubs with their own power supplies. I believe that will solve your problem. And you would also be able to connect other USB devices at the same time if there are enough ports (if they're not using too much power). If you have any other USB devices connected now (without having such a hub) then try to disconnect them.

If you buy a new USB hub, make sure you buy one which has a powersupply

Here's an example. Notice some key specs:

USB Hub

• Supports self-powered mode and bus-powered mode indicated by power LED
  • Provides 5 USB ports with 1 upstream port and 4 downstream ports
  • Individual power switch on each port

Power: ADAPTER ( 5V )

• [edit on 2006/12/25 by Hellmutt]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 12:12 PM
    link   
    Sweet thanks for the reply, will get on that in the next few days.

join