It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher to 1-st grade: Santa is fake. Parents are angry.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
What?

Ultimate Warrior
You can mean to say that he too was a fake?
And Mr.Perfect?
Those damn Zionists.
Deep

LMAO!! Sad to say they all are fake.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
santa's fake?

j/k

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
santa's fake?

Oh yes, and the Easter Bunny

I know...

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
just wondering how many of you who are against "jolly ole st. nic" have kids?

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
well its not the parents initially ling to thier kids. Its everythign movies, tv,and other kids. But im mean come on everyone just go to the mall and look at teh kids who believe in santa when they go to see him. Their eyes and faces is enough to prove that he is a good thing. Im mean hell y drag your children into the real world soo young. Let there be some magic in the lives while there still young

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I agree with Sapphire

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by Revebo]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Quicksilver, if they want magic, why don't they just go to a Harry Potter Movie? Not telling your kids the truth really isnt fair on them later on. It's like waiting to tell your kid they're really adopted when they are like 26 yrs old. It seems cute and innocent but what we're really doing is teaching kids that its ok to lie.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
Quicksilver, if they want magic, why don't they just go to a Harry Potter Movie? Not telling your kids the truth really isnt fair on them later on. It's like waiting to tell your kid they're really adopted when they are like 26 yrs old. It seems cute and innocent but what we're really doing is teaching kids that its ok to lie.

ah yes, an excellent point!!
i find myself agreeing with saphronia...again

ultimately, saint nick is a lie...do we agree on this? therefore, how cynical do parents prove themselves to be when they slap kids around for lying? when in fact a child is likely to copy his/her parents.
na-ah, kids need to know the truth at all times, i was an idiot to admit knowing st nick didn't exist back when my parents still bought them gifts..
now? i dont get squat, however i'm glad that i..unlike some kids figured it out at the age of 5

Cyrus

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Santa Claus is just a means of teaching children how to give and be generous. That's what Christmas is supposedly all about, and it's easier to use a fat man in a red suit who brings presents to represent that sentiment, than to explain it to children.

Santa makes young children happy. He's harming nobody, so just let them believe. Besides, I'm sick of naive smart arse kids who think they know everything before they even hit puberty. A little gullibility is a good thing in a child.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad
Santa Claus is just a means of teaching children how to give and be generous. That's what Christmas is supposedly all about, and it's easier to use a fat man in a red suit who brings presents to represent that sentiment, than to explain it to children.

Santa makes young children happy. He's harming nobody, so just let them believe. Besides, I'm sick of naive smart arse kids who think they know everything before they even hit puberty. A little gullibility is a good thing in a child.

Yes your right Cider, after all, Michael Jackson thinks he's Peter Pan ...

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So far we have determined that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy, peterpan, wrestling, Ultimate Warrior, and Mr.Perfect are fake and you would have to be gullible to believe in them. So where does Jesus fit in? Fairy Tale for adults? Don't answer that, it is a discussion for another topic and has been argued countless times.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad

i still think it's more or less wrong to tell 'em he exists...it's a lie *gasp*
bringing up a child should be a truthful process, not something you are to swing away with tradition.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
But still it makes them happy and they will get it anyway. I mean really are all the kids who believed in Santa CLause when they were lil big liars now??? And Saph Harry potter is a lie,barney is a lie, seaseme street is a lie, and alot of the happily ever after stories are a lie. There just kids they enjoy it. Plus they dont even begin to comprehend like truth and lying fully until there like 10ish.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
But still it makes them happy and they will get it anyway. I mean really are all the kids who believed in Santa CLause when they were lil big liars now??? And Saph Harry potter is a lie,barney is a lie, seaseme street is a lie, and alot of the happily ever after stories are a lie. There just kids they enjoy it. Plus they dont even begin to comprehend like truth and lying fully until there like 10ish.

Quicksilver, Harry Potter, Barney AND Sesame Street is a LIE??? OMG ... my life is ruined
*sob* And i truly believed they were real when i was a kid too err, Sesame Street anyways... If only my parents hadn't lied to me ....

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

ah yes, an excellent point!!
i find myself agreeing with saphronia...again

ultimately, saint nick is a lie...do we agree on this? therefore, how cynical do parents prove themselves to be when they slap kids around for lying? when in fact a child is likely to copy his/her parents.
na-ah, kids need to know the truth at all times, i was an idiot to admit knowing st nick didn't exist back when my parents still bought them gifts..
now? i dont get squat, however i'm glad that i..unlike some kids figured it out at the age of 5

Cyrus

You mean Sapphire right?
Yes people like us have to stick together, or the 'others' may try converting us into believing in Santa Clause all over again Noooo!!! What would they call a Santa Believing Cult, Santaism eek! ... smirkety smirk smirk smirk

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Would you really trust this man with your child??

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Yes your right Cider, after all, Michael Jackson thinks he's Peter Pan ...

We all know Micheal Jackson is mentally ill. He believes he is still a child because of this, and he has nothing to do with Santa being real or not.

Here we have a forum full of ignorance-denying, truth seeking conspiracy theorists. How many of you believed in Santa Claus as children? Quite a few of us did, I should expect.

Perpetuating the lie that Santa Claus exists may not be morally right, but the truth does come out when they are older and too intelligent to believe in magic. I figured out that Santa couldn't possible exist at the age of five. As soon as I asked if he was real my parents told me the truth. It didn't damage me at all.

Maybe it teaches children that even those whom they trust the most are capable of lying to them? That is an important thing to understand. If they figure out that TV and movies lie about Santa, they might realise that they are capable of lying about more important things.

In my opinion the good overwhelmingly outweighs the bad.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Rudolph..the most favored reindeer...betrayed Santa...turned him into the elves...therefore..Santa was crucified...end of story.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Check this out, the teacher told the kids that Santa is fake, so now they're all dissapointed. Their parents are angry at the teacher. One thing the parents forgot is that eventually the children must learn that santa isn't real.

Sorry, but this is WRONG. The parents have every right to be ticked at the teacher. In first grade, you are talking about 5 and 6 year olds!!! In effect, that teacher just robbed those children of about 4 more years of a wonderful fantasy at least! Sure, they'll learn eventually, but that's up to the child and the parent....not a teacher. I'm not saying the teacher should be fired....but a good blemish on the record, and a heartfelt apology to the parents should definitely be on the agenda....

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
santa's fake?

Oh yes, and the Easter Bunny

I know...

NOT THE EASTER BUNNY!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join