It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worthless but interesting facts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:14 AM
link   
1.the average human eats 8 spiders their lifetime at night
2.China has mare English speakers than the U.S
3.A ducks quack doesnt echo,and no one knows why
4.A Saudi Arabian woman can get adivorce if her husband doesnt give her coffee.
5.Cats piss glows under a black light.
6.The word"lethologica" describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
7.A gold fish has memory span of three seconds
8.In Kentucky it is illegal to carry ice cream in your back pocket
9.Hitler and Napoleon both only had one testical
10.Ants do not sleep.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
very interesting but I really could have done with not knowing the first one on the list thank you.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Guess you havent had your dinner yet! LOL

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Thats amazing Drunk I never knew that I ate while I slept. Thats pretty cool. Sometimes I wake up feeling really full too. Thats pretty scary eh?

Mark

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I wonder if thats how Peter Parker "really" became Spiderman

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Peter Parker was bitten by a special spider while he was asleep. That's also why he mutated later in the series into a spider with 6 arms, mutation.

But because we eat the spiders while we asleep and don't let them bite us (reflexes while we are sleeping) we can't become Spiderman.

(Also watch the fact that Peter Parker slept with his mouth closed...)

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Yes they do.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have been told that the "ducks quak" is an urban myth, but the ants and the spiders facts were interesting to know..

I added them to my list....
stuffucanuse.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The spider myth isn't true.

In a 1993 PC Professional article, columnist Lisa Holst wrote about the ubiquitous lists of "facts" that were circulating via e-mail and how readily they were accepted as truthful by gullible recipients. To demonstrate her point, Holst offered her own made-up list of equally ridiculous "facts," among which was the statistic cited above about the average person's swallowing eight spiders per year, which she took from a collection of common misbeliefs printed in a 1954 book on insect folklore. In a delicious irony, Holst's propagation of this false "fact" has spurred it into becoming one of the most widely-circulated bits of misinformation to be found on the Internet

www.snopes.com...

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by maynardsthirdeye]

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
11. People will believe anything emailed to them on a list titled "worthless but interesting facts".

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
11. People will believe anything emailed to them on a list titled "worthless but interesting facts".

Precisely
Thwere were over 50 "Worthless but interesting facts"

Most fo them were bollocks tho!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by �any

Originally posted by drunk

Yes they do.

They know why? who and how?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The reason an echo isn't heard is because it's really quiet and muffled by the end of the quack
But they do echo, a sound engineer guy tested it with ducks in a room.
He needs a woman..

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I never actually knew that a ducks quack echoed anywya:bnghd:

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
An audiological researcher needs a woman like a duck needs Napoleon's one testicle.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Why would a duck need Napoleon's one testicle??? Then he wouldn't have anymore...

I'm glad I still have two... Or should I cut one off to increase my chances of becoming a conqueror??? Hmmm I wonder what Bush's doctor says about this???

Or he was
before he could say anything...

Here are some other worthless "facts"... (to be taken with a grain of seasoning).

Harry S Truman was a member of the KKK.

You can't sneeze with your eyes open.

To "testify" was based on men in the Roman court swearing to a statement made by swearing on their testicles (oh lord :@@

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
1.the average human eats 8 spiders their lifetime at night
Eeeww...though I've heard this many times..mental note: always use mouthwash in the morning...
2.China has mare English speakers than the U.S
China has more people doing anything than the US, because they simply hold half of the world's population!!!
Heard this one too....always was intrigued by it...I smell a grant coming...

4.A Saudi Arabian woman can get adivorce if her husband doesnt give her coffee.
And a Saudi man can only have as many wives as he can afford to buy homes for...

5.Cats piss glows under a black light.
Cool....."Here kitty kitty kitty!"
6.The word"lethologica" describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
What the heck was that word again....?
7.A gold fish has memory span of three seconds
How the hell do they know!
Wouldn't you just love to know the story behind why and how this ever got on the books?
9.Hitler and Napoleon both only had one testical
Mental note...Antichrist will have one testicle...

10.Ants do not sleep.
Maybe they sleep standing up...like cows..
They used to think sharks never slept either, until proved wrong.... Let's face it, mother nature designs creatures that require lots of downtime.....why would there be an exception?

EDIT: You can't sneeze with your eyes open. Actually, you can...almost....but it hurts like hell on the eye muscles...

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Wouldn't you just love to know the story behind why and how this ever got on the books?

I can answer this one!!! My wife did a paper on ice cream in college, and being that we are from KY, that was one of the tidbits she included!!

OK The reason that it is illegal to carry an ice cream in your back pocket in KY dates back to the days of horses and buggies. At that time there was a surge in animal theft horses etc. The criminals had gotten very smart in the fact that they found that horses loved sweets.... and what gives off more of a sweet aroma than ICE CREAM.

What the theif would do is put an ice cream in their back pocket... walk up to the saloon etc and untie someones horse. They would then walk in front of the horse and it would smell the ice cream. The horse would then follow the theif out of town. Since the theif never had hold of the horse, they couldn't be charged with stealing the animal if they were caught before they left town.

So to prevent this from happening a law was inacted making it illegal to carry an ice cream in your back pocket in KY... Hope you all have enjoyed this silly but interesting history lesson.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I love useless fact.

Did you know that besides human, shrimp and dolphin were the only animals that have sex just for fun?
(not sure if it's true or not)

Thanks to you drunk, now I put "lethologic" in my mood, cuz I'm always searching for some #ing english word (it's my second language) so now people will know that when I ramble and it doesn't always make sense, well it's not always voluntary!

K_OS

Damn! It's true we learn something new everyday ! Hehehehe. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Since the theif never had hold of the horse, they couldn't be charged with stealing the animal if they were caught before they left town.

Hehe...clever thieves!!! But even more clever lawyers it seems, hehe.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join