It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Why Owen Should Join Newcastle!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
There are several reasons why Michael Owen should join Newcastle rather than Manchester United, and here they are.....

1. Michael Owen NEEDS guaranteed first team football this season ahead of the World Cup next year, and with Shearer the only proven goalscorer here he will be guaranteed his place!

2. Michael Owen WILL NOT be a first choice striker at Man Utd. Van Nistelrooy is a hero at Old Trafford and Rooney was top scorer last season, so why would he be selected over those two?

3. Owen will become a hero at St.James. Simply ask Shearer, Ferdinand, Andy Cole or any player that gives his all for the club, he will be treated like a god and given massive support as a player here. The fans here are second to none (fact) and would worship him.

4. He will be guaranteed our 'special' number 9 shirt next season when Shearer retires.

5. He will also get to play alongside Shearer for one last time, they were a formidable force for England and can be for Newcastle!

There is only one good that would come from Owen joining Man Utd.....If Owen and Rooney played together on a daily basis England would have more chance of doing well in the World Cup!

So come on Owen.....You know Newcastle is the club for you!!!!!

Mic
:sport-smiley-019::party-smiley-018::sport-smiley-019:

Sir

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
All good reasons for him to join, but i don't like the terms they agreed. Owen can leave at the end of the season if he thinks it isn't working out.

He scored a good goal the other day but Newcastles start to the new season hasn't really set the world alight has it.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
yip, i dont think this was too wise a move.

nearly 25 million on two strikers i think, Owen and Luque, dont get champions league spot i think its fair to say your out a job Souness.

Owens heart cant be at Newcastle, hes Liverpool, and every1 knows that. Souness has a bad attitude, has fall outs with players, imagine him roaring at Owen, you can imagine Owen being terrified and running away.

new topics

join