It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Should Kluivert Stay Or Go???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
With Shearer not getting any younger, and Shepard being a stubborn so and so over Bellamy, is it time for Newcastle to renew Kluiverts contract?

In my opinion Kluivert is still one of the best strikers Holland has ever produced, and will find his form in the P/ship next year.

Newcastle have already lost Bellamy, will lose Shearer and although he is very good, Ameobi will never be able to match the class of Patrick!

We need him and if they lose him we are in big trouble next year and the year after!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
thats the thing, other than sheared they need som1 and they havent got some1 better than kluvierert other than shearer.

i dunno, hes class but he aint looking the part? is it the game newcaslt play?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't watch alot of Newcastle games, but the ones that i have seen Kluivert play in, he hasn't done that good. He doesn't look the same player and he can't be doing it on the training pitch or else he would be in the side regular. As for a new contract i dunno, wouldn't it be better to cash in on while they can still get a good fee? Or take a risk and see if he gets any better? He was great before he went to Newcastle, so maybe it is the Prem and the style that Newcastle play doesn't suit him.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

wouldn't it be better to cash in on while they can still get a good fee?

We didnt pay for him and we would let him go for nothing as he's out of contract at the end of the season!

Sir

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Pack his bags and ship him out! He is a waste of money (wages) and can't cut it in the Prem.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
He's lazy, great ability but not in the Shearer class.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
hes going by the sounds of it

Patrick Kluivert has confirmed he will leave Newcastle United this summer following just one season in The Premiership.

The Dutch marksman has failed to light up England's top-flight in his debut campaign, netting just six league goals to date.

Kluivert has the option of a further two years at St James' Park, should both parties concur, however the striker is keen to return to Spain rather than Turkey.

link

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee

wouldn't it be better to cash in on while they can still get a good fee?

We didnt pay for him and we would let him go for nothing as he's out of contract at the end of the season!

Thanks i never knew that.

Well they definatly wasted money on him by paying him huge wages every week. What sort of money was he on?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
About 60k a week I think.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Looks like he went and without a whimper, he knows he was shyte and didn't deserve to pull on a Newcastle shirt. What a waste of money in wages they paid him.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
yer, Bobby had been tracking him for ages, and when he finally signs he stinks.

could he have been any more of a disapointement, hes picked up mega wages, he should hand them back though cos he dont need the money and to say sorry for being shyte lol

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Bolton are interested, I bet if he signs he would score at least 15 goals!

Sir

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I read that about Bolton, that they are talking to his agent. On his showing at Newcastle what teams would be interested in him abroad? Bolton might be a good option for him and Teflon could be right, Big Sam will get the best out of him just like Diouf...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It would be classic Sam, same thing he has done with Kevin Davies.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
It would be classic Sam, same thing he has done with Kevin Davies.

hehe.... reading down the posts and what you said there was what i was gonna say lol.

davies was like a 7 million pound dud at blackburn, did they release him on a free transfer before Bolton signed him?

but hes scored goals and looked soo much better, i dont think hes justified ever being 7 million but the improvement.

if kluivert was to sign and improved just like Davies then yip, i could see him banging in 15 goals. he has talent, but it didnt work at the Toon.

a Diouf and Kluivert strikeforce sounds pretty impressive!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Yeah they got Kevin on a free.
Diouf plays wide right though Rynaldo.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Kluivert the fake has signed for Valencia, Bolton missing out on the player

Valencia have snapped up former Newcastle striker Patrick Kluivert on a free transfer.

Kluivert left Newcastle at the end of the season after one year on Tyneside.

The former Barcelona star was expected to make a return to the Spanish league and Valencia have won the race for his signature.

Source

TRD

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Valencia have confirmed that a knee problem has stopped Patrick Kluivert signing for the Spanish side. The Dutch marksman was due to complete his switch to Valencia on Friday, but a routine medical has unearthed a knee injury. The Che do not want to go through with the transfer until they are absolutely sure of Kluivert's physical condition, and have scheduled a second medical.

LINK

new topics

top topics

join