It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Big 12 possibly the most diffucult conference?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Lets take a look.....

First the Big 12 South,

OU - self explanatory
Texas- Consistant top 10 ( if not top 5) finisher
Texas A&M - Year 2 of the Fran Dynasty
Texas Tech - Still a few notches below OU, but a contender for the conference
OSU - Won four of theri last seven meetings with OU
Baylor - ehh....

The North

KSU - Looking good coming off an upset over #1 Ou
Nebraska - Unranked for the first time since 1964, but a new coach could bring greener pastures
Missouri - Upset Nebraska in Lincoln. Looking as if they could come away with the North.
Colorado - Barnett is never predictable
Iowa State - Not good in ther Big 12, but can still take on mid major teams and win
Kansas - The same

Ok, just my opinion....

Ben

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Personally i thoguht that the Big Ten was a bit more diffucult with the top teams that they have Such as Michigan and OSU, with Wisconsion and MSU. But Big 12 with the texas and texas tech and so on are a good conferece but i say Big Ten is tougher.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The only thing that makes the Big 12 tougher IMO, is the Championship game.

The Big 10 doesn't have one....

Ben

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
but what teams are easier to play agaisnt?

Big ten has tougher teams and rivales

Ben

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The Big ten has Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Northwestern
Ohio State.
Penn State
Purdue
Wisconsin
All of these teams here are well known football teams and have earned there dues one way or another. This will be a great race to watch this fall. Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa, Purdue, Minnesota and Wisconsin all can win it. But there's no one team you can point to and say that it can win the national championship

The thing about the Big 12- is that After Oklahoma and Texas, there are six teams that could be very good -- or not. There are no guarantees in the North, except that Kansas State and Nebraska fans will feel disrespected.

The SEC is also a strong conference but has lost some teams to the ACC- Loses to the ACC in a photo finish. LSU and Georgia each could be No. 1. If everything goes right, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, Ole Miss and Alabama could have breakout years. Or not, because everything only goes right for one team a year, doesn't it?

The ACC could have one of the strongest leagues -The league has the best group of coaches in Division I-A, and five teams that are ranked, and another couple that may deserve to be ranked. No one will remember how the league, like the robber barons of old, wreaked havoc by getting strong. They'll only remember that the league is strong.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yea, recently the Big 10 has had better teams...

As for rivalries

Texas - TAMU (A&M)
Texas - OU
Texas - Texas Tech
Texas - Baylor (rivalry of Old)
OU - OSU
KSU - KU
Missouri - Nebraska
Nebraska - Texas
Colorado - Nebraska

The only problem is that if I had posted this in 97 or 98 I would be correct.

Nowadays, its always up and down.

[Edited on 8/15/04 by Mig12]

Ben

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
As i put in the post above only half of the teams in teh big 12 are worth talking about the other half have been dissapointments for the past couple of years.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mig12
The only thing that makes the Big 12 tougher IMO, is the Championship game.

The Big 10 doesn't have one....

If Notre Dame would wizen up and jiong the big 10, then there could be a chamionship game, and indeed they would help bolster the arguement hat the big 10 is tougher, even though they aren't the team that they used to be...

new topics

top topics

join