It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Philadelphia Phillies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Phillies lost again today to the A's, they have slipped back to playing just mediocre ball right now. They're making some dumb plays and mistakes and dont look very patient at the plate. They head back home for series against the Mets and Red Sox this week so hopefully they'll pick up playing the way they did at home before this west coast swing.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The Phillies are on another roller-coaster season, they are likely to wind up second in the division again, but at least the Braves won't win it this time around...

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I wouldn't be so sure... The Braves sometimes like to start slow. The Mets will be tough to get around, but don't count the Braves out just yet only a quarter of the way into the season.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
No insult meant to the Braves, but some other team is due to win the division soon. Who was the last team to win it other than Atlanta, BTW? Was it the Phils?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The Phillies were the last "official" winners other than the Braves back in 1993. In 1994, the Montreal Expos were the technical winners due to a season ending strike. But they were going to be the division winners anyway, so I consider them "official".

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't consider that year a season. I went to my first ever MLB game the following year for the opening game in Philly. We got tickets for something like 2 bucks, it was hilarious.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
lol... I bet you could get tickets for the same price still... They aren't that desperate for fans are they?
But the Expos were such a dominating team that year with players like Walker and Alou, that is was clear that they were going to be very hard to beat that year.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
lol... I bet you could get tickets for the same price still... They aren't that desperate for fans are they?

Watch it buddy, I'll get PA back on here and we'll gang up on your Brave-loving shindig!

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Lol... if you two are as good at fighting as the Philsa are at hitting, then I think I'll take my chances with you.
Just kidding. Since I am a Braves fan, it's only natural that I pick on Phillies fans. I don't mind if we don't get the division. As long as we make the playoffs I'm happy.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join