It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sub pics, Dolphin - being built for Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Interesting pics of the new subs, both inside and out...

www.israeli-weapons.com...

I notice this pic is titled "comabat system". Is this were they knock people unconscious?

Three 1,925 ton Type 800 Dolphin class submarines have been built in German shipyards for the Israel Navy.

Modern submarines with the most advanced sailing and combat systems in the world, they combine extensive sophistication with very easy operation. The purpose of these submarines is to enable the Israel Navy to meet all the tasks faced in the Mediterranean Sea in the 21st century.

The submarines cost $320 million each, and are twice as big as the aging Gal-class submarines that the Israeli navy has relied on to date.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
and Israel has not had a weapons inspection...so...just another way for them to send off some nuclear missles or tomahawks. I'm terrified that they have the weapons technology that they have...and they have used what they do have to oppress the people. Here's a scary question: Where do you think they are getting the money to buy and build these weapons....eh?

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
"Here's a scary question: Where do you think they are getting the money to buy and build these weapons....eh?"

It must be them damn Russian Communists.

Or maybe the Zionists?

Meh..could be the Palestinians... ;P

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
o god what the hell are they going to use those for?

i just hope to hell that this dosnt turn into another iraq...

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't really see how practical a sub is for Israel, is it primarily used as a platform to launch missiles against land targets?

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
its said in the book of revalatiosn that the last battle of the apokoyplse will be faught in isreal.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
I don't really see how practical a sub is for Israel, is it primarily used as a platform to launch missiles against land targets?

That's what I would think, seeing as they have no opponents across a body of water. Strange.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
DaRage,

excellent question.

previous subs were paid for by Germany and given to Israel out of guilt reparations.

I would expect much the same thing to happen this time.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
israeili subs

If you examine israeli naval history, they actually have had quite a bit to do defending their small but very active waterways.

A submarine is much more than just a missile platform. They are the most effective anti-submarine weapon platform available.

An israelis frigate was sunk by a syrian cruise missile in the 73 war.

The Germans make the best diesel electric boats bar none. I find it ironic that they germans are making submarines for the israelis.

With the russians selling Kilos (their diesel electric sub) to anyone with hard cash, oil, or wheat. It only makes sense to improve their ASW capabilities.

but then again I could be wrong...

or not.

hrxl

new topics

top topics

join