It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Who will win it all?

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This seems to be the big question around. Who will win the world series this year, every time this season has changed their roster somehow. Tell me who is going to win.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
they are stacked with colon and koch

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
the white soxs might have a good pitchers, but can they produce enough runs to make it the distance. The A's have a descent shot with good starting pitchers and good infileders. The Yanks also have a good shot.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
actually i was worried about the pitching. we always have one of the best hitting staffs and with a good thomas it shud be better

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
the white sox should produce enough runs, and the divison is there for the taking, they have a solid one two punch in the rotation and the bullpen, but can they keep it up night in and night out.

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by Ben]

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I like the Red Sox to win it all this year, if there bullpen can shape up the curse of the Bambino will be broken this year.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am really excited about the Phillies chances this year. Jim Thome was such a huge addition, now he's hitting between Abreu and Pat Burrell, the offense should put up some big numbers like the 16 runs yesterday. The only thing that worries me is their middle relief, they could use another solid reliever.

I think the Braves' days of ruling the NL East are over. The Mets are looking good this year too, they have a couple of big additions, Floyd, Glavine, etc.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Phillies have a huge shot this year with there new additions. Braves are done with they lost some of their top players in the offseason, i also think that the Diamondbacks are done with two Randy Johnson isnt the same and they dont have a good enough bullpen with Kim moving into the rotation.
The Mets are going to surpise everybody this year got some key additions with Glavine and Cone.
This may sound weird to some of you guys but i think the Devil Rays may be in contention for a playoff spot with the new manager. He will show the Devil Rays how to win.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think the Devil Rays look pretty good, they have alot of young talent. It's hard to say if these young guys can put together a good enogh season to get in the playoffs. It's so hard in baseball to make the playoffs, 4 teams in each league compared to, say, 8 teams in each conference in the NBA or NHL. Plus, it wont help TB playing in the same division as the Yanks and BoSox.

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
As it is not that widely covered in yhe U.K except satellite T.V who is actually the favourites to win?

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Currently the A's are the favorites to win it all, then the Yanks who every year are favorites, and Philli, along with Arizona

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If you were to bet in Vegas, these are the top 6 teams based on odds.

1. New York Yankees........5/2
2. Oakland Athletics..........7/2
3. Arizona DBacks.............5/1
4. St.Louis Cards..............6/1
5. Atlanta Braves
Houston Astros..............7/1

For the rest of the teams odd's ,
CLICK HERE

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think the NY Yankees will win this year.

GO YANKEES!!!!!

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yankees all the way, yankees just seeem to get better every year, better starting rotation along with depth in the bullpen, and with Matsui coming to the Bronx he will homer some more for the yanks.

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Cheers PA

from a betting view Oakland look good at 7/2.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Orioles > Yankees hehehe

I still hate Jeffrey Mayor

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I would like to see Oakland get there this year, especially after all the players they have lost. When Giambi left, everyone left them for dead. They have great pitching and hopefully they can keep Miguel Tejada but it seems unlikely.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
it's gonna be the red sox and the cubs duking it out in the series. whos gonna win? it doesnt matter because it will be the end of the world.

top topics

join