It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will israel have f22?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
i know that israel got some f117 it is called "Hamkan" here, but what about the f22 or even the jsf? does israel intend to have them anytime in the future?

A total of 102 two-seat F-16Is will be delivered to Israel under two production contracts worth a combined $4.4 billion. The first aircraft will arrive early next year and subsequent deliveries will occur at a rate of two per month spanning about four years.

With the arrival of the 102 F-16Is, Israel will have a total of 362 of the jets � the largest fleet in any country in the world behind the United States.

too bad israel only got 24 F-15I

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I don't know if they'll buy the F-22 or the JSF, but I'm sure you have found a nice site.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:04 AM
link   
yeah www.israeli-weapons.com... is a very informative site about israeli weapon systems.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think Iseral will get the F-22s but way later.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
I think Iseral will get the F-22s but way later.

You got one thing right.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Israeli F-117s???
Link PLZ.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Israel does NOT have F117s. That is ludicrus (sp).

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Israel:
"All IAF aircraft"
Link:
www.waronline.org...

Excerpt:
"The next large contract after 2008 will probably be an order of a small number (about 25-40) F-22 fighters, and only after 2012 - F-35 (JSF) fighters.
Since 1999 Israel has an official observer status in the JSF program."

And from the Arms Trade Newswire:
"Israel to Get F-22 Jets from US"
Link:
www.clw.org...

Israel has become a participate in the JSF/F-35 Program and IS set to recieve F-35's in 2012:
"TSVAH HAGANAH LE ISRAEL - HEYL HA'AVIR
(ISRAELI DEFENCE FORCE - AIR FORCE)"

Link:
mylima.com...

Excerpt:
"Israel has also become a participant in the JSF programme."

"israel participate jsf program"
Link:
216.239.57.104...:s_M7NU4mAecJ:www.rand.org/publications/MR/mr1362.0/mr1362.0.ch2.pdf+Israel+is+a+participate+in+the+JSF+progr am&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

"Israel to Join JSF Program"
Link:
www.cdi.org...

Excerpt:
"U.S. and Israeli government officials on Feb. 13 signed a letter of intent that will permit Israel to eventually become a limited partner in development of the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program. Israel will be the eighth foreign country to join the JSF program. Levels of involvement are based primarily on the amount of investment to which a country commits to the program�s early development. The United Kingdom is a first-tier country, having pledged $2 billion. Italy and the Netherlands are considered second-tier, having pledged $1 billion and $800 million respectively. Canada, Denmark, Norway and Turkey are third-tier countries, having pledged between $200 million and $400 million. Israel has committed $150 million to the program. If Israel eventually decides to purchase the JSF, deliveries could begin as soon as 2012. A nation�s status weights what input it will have in to development of the aircraft�s final design and capabilities, as well as possible future co-production agreements."

Hope this helps Sector.....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Excerpt:
"The next large contract after 2008 will probably be an order of a small number (about 25-40) F-22 fighters, and only after 2012 - F-35 (JSF) fighters.
Since 1999 Israel has an official observer status in the JSF program."

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by Seekerof]

Like I already said.

They will get them but later.

Thanks seekerof for the info that proves my post right.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Sector......
Update on the information I provided:
"ISRAEL SAYS "NO THANKS" TO F/A-22"
(Obviously due to weaken economy)

"Israel will not purchase America's newest strike fighter, the F/A-22 Raptor, and instead will base its future front-line fleet on the planned multirole Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) and existing F-16 and F-15 jets. Maj. Gen. Dani Haloutz, who commands the Israel Air Force, said the service concluded it simply could not afford the stealthy aircraft, whose flyaway costs - according to conservative U.S. Air Force estimates - will exceed $100 million per copy. At one point, the Israel Air Force had hoped to buy 50 F/A-22s for use by decade�s end. The decision to abandon the Raptor caps years of internal evaluations and discussions with prime contractor Lockheed Martin and Pentagon representatives over costs, operational capabilities and the service's desire to integrate myriad Israeli subsystems into the U.S. platform. "The F/A-22 is a great airplane, but now, any way we try to look at it, it's too expensive for us," Haloutz said. Severe cuts in Israeli defense spending for 2004 and later years have frozen, delayed or killed modernization programs in all branches of the Israel Defense Forces." (Defense News)

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Sector......
Update on the information I provided:
"ISRAEL SAYS "NO THANKS" TO F/A-22"
(Obviously due to weaken economy)

"Israel will not purchase America's newest strike fighter, the F/A-22 Raptor, and instead will base its future front-line fleet on the planned multirole Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) and existing F-16 and F-15 jets. Maj. Gen. Dani Haloutz, who commands the Israel Air Force, said the service concluded it simply could not afford the stealthy aircraft, whose flyaway costs - according to conservative U.S. Air Force estimates - will exceed $100 million per copy. At one point, the Israel Air Force had hoped to buy 50 F/A-22s for use by decade�s end. The decision to abandon the Raptor caps years of internal evaluations and discussions with prime contractor Lockheed Martin and Pentagon representatives over costs, operational capabilities and the service's desire to integrate myriad Israeli subsystems into the U.S. platform. "The F/A-22 is a great airplane, but now, any way we try to look at it, it's too expensive for us," Haloutz said. Severe cuts in Israeli defense spending for 2004 and later years have frozen, delayed or killed modernization programs in all branches of the Israel Defense Forces." (Defense News)

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hee, hee, hee,hee. DOGMA

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
*sigh*

I dont think they will get them until a long time.

new topics

top topics

join