It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't villify muslims or else!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:13 AM
link   
An Australian court is currently hearing a case brought against the "Catch the Fire Ministry" under Victoria's Racial and Religious Villification Act.

Pastor Danny Nalliah has been accused of villifying muslims at a seminar last year.

A Victorian judge has reassured Americans that the Christian respondents in the state's first religious hate case do not face jail.

Judge Michael Higgins told a tribunal yesterday he had received a call from the Department of Foreign Affairs over concerns about the case raised in a "considerable" number of emails from Americans.

Both sides in the case, the first brought under Victoria's Racial and Religious Tolerance Act, say it has attracted interest in Muslim countries as well as in the West.

The rest of the storyfrom..www.theage.com.au...

Us Aussies will have to watch our mouths, can't be upsetting the muslims can we??

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by Jubilee]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Unbelievable, it seems like everyone is offended these days about something or other. I remember when 'Sue' used to be a name. People sue people for the most ridiculous reasons, they cry and whine when people express themselves moderately, its gotten way out of hand.

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I dont quite understand whats the problem here. The Act in question is a good thing, as far as I know racial slurs and religious hatred are not a good thing. It is a civil law jurisdiction, no jail sentence, if somebody IS indeed villifying a gigantic 1,2 billion group of people living in over 150 countries and is using various racist remarks to preach his hatred, then he/she should be put on trial for that. If hes innocent, he wont be punished. Simple as that.
We need to grow into more tolerant society.
How do you feel about KKK and their villifying of black people? Is that ok? How do you feel about anti-semitism? Is it ok to talk infront of a large group of people that Jews, in general, are evil? IMO, such things should have legal consequences.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   
www.dms.dpc.vic.gov.au...

impressive.

Peace,
BG

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
I dont quite understand whats the problem here. The Act in question is a good thing, as far as I know racial slurs and religious hatred are not a good thing. It is a civil law jurisdiction, no jail sentence, if somebody IS indeed villifying a gigantic 1,2 billion group of people living in over 150 countries and is using various racist remarks to preach his hatred, then he/she should be put on trial for that. If hes innocent, he wont be punished. Simple as that.
We need to grow into more tolerant society.
How do you feel about KKK and their villifying of black people? Is that ok? How do you feel about anti-semitism? Is it ok to talk infront of a large group of people that Jews, in general, are evil? IMO, such things should have legal consequences.

Your thoughts, words, and actions should be protected. If you dont like the fact what eastern society doesnt like you, then say so. We do need to become a more tolerant society. We need to use more comon sense. We never will become tolerant with people sturring up issues that do not exist. Our society is violent. It was when it started thousands and thousands of years ago. It will be when it goes away. You can dream all you want of a heaven on earth, but there will always be hate. They form groups with different opinions. These groups then belittle each other and kill each other. It will never change, because in our minds we all have our own opinions. THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THOSE THINGS YOU SPEAK OF IS TO CURB FREE SPEACH AND THOUGHT. People will always know the truth. And quite often the truth would be considered racism even when it is not.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   

as far as I know racial slurs and religious hatred are not a good thing

No, it isn't a good thing...but I don't see it as a criminal act either... There are numerous hate groups in the US (the KKK comes to mind), and they have the freedom of expression. There is a not so fine line between expressing oneself, and breaking the law...

By allowing these groups to express themselves, it makes them less tabboo (and less attractive to new recruits). In the states, such groups are mostly laughing stocks...so it seems to be a working approach....

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
So, let me get this straight. Muslim groups can openly preach dominanace and genocide but if you voice a problem with their little plan, you're in violation of the law? That sounds about right.

They have us, folks. Its already too late. Not only can we not fight to survive the coming wave of mass murder, we are now prohibited from speaking out against it by our own laws. I guess they draw an exemption for some reason.

Tolerance for intolerance.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If everyone was to pass on the father's love these problems would vanish.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You mean God's love??? Hehe...no thanks, I've read about his love...(slaughtering the innocent first born children of Egypt, wiping out most of the world with a flood, turning a woman to a pillar of salt, just for looking back at her home of decades....commanding the Jews to disembowell their enemies, rape their women, and terminate their pregnancies, etc.)

You mean that kind of love???

new topics

top topics

join