It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir! No Sir! Now Available on Netflix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Didn't want to or couldn't buy the dvd? Well, now you can see it anyway.

I just noticed this dvd is available starting today (Tuesday Dec 19, 2006) on the Netflix website. Here's the exact page for Sir! No Sir!

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm certainly excited to have a look. This is not a marketing ploy or some ATS issue (just to be clear) and I am not on the Dave Rabbit payroll or anything. I am just a guy who happened to be planning my Netflix movie rentals and saw it was out.

Filmmaker and activist David Zeiger's documentary chronicles the largely forgotten anti-war activities of American GIs and other members of the military during the Vietnam era. Powerful and surprising, this look back at a little-investigated chapter of history weaves together the stories of veterans who participated in the opposition movement, an effort that, by the early 1970s, found widespread support from civilians and troops alike.

Have a look at the films other people enjoyed who liked Sir! No Sir!

• Fahrenheit 9/11
  • Uncovered: The Whole Truth About the Iraq War
  • WMD: Weapons of Mass Deception
  • Secrets of War: Vietnam
  • Iraq for Sale: The War Profiteers

Here are the reviews by 10 top movie critics.

Some additional threads:
Sir! No Sir!, Dave Rabbit and ATS...
Sir! No Sir! - The Unveiling Of A Vietnam GI Movement That Changed The War!

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
ZZZ, thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to see this film for a long time, now I don't have to buy it, I can get it from Netflix - cool!

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Zedd I got my Netflix copy of Sir No Sir yesterday, the first day it was available (I had it at the top of my queqe since I knew it was coming out. Great way to beat the crowds).
It was definitely worth seeing. It brought back memories and made me look at Vietnam with new insight.

Actually, to say it is mind boggling is an understatement. Definitely something I will wnat to see agasin soon.

And, it's also available at Blockbuster! Online !!

join